My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Connecting Amazon Fire

(14 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bill63 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Hi grahamlthompson,
    On as I said my TV I have Only 2 HDMI outputs so in order to watch my DVD player which as a HDMI output and my Now TV box and Humax 2000T I had to buy a HDMI switching box, which works well. The picture is OK through the Scart but not as good as through HDMI outputs.
    Also I have got the Humax 2000T also connected via Scart, because sometimes when its recording I get no sound through the HDMI but this is minor world wide problem with this box, so if I want to watch the 2000T I just switch to Scart until its finished recording then put it back in to standby for one minute and then the sound is back on the HDMI, but luckily it only happens once every now and again, its a really good box.
    Plus I have got another old PVR with some good films on, so I plug that in to the RCA input sometimes if I feel like watching them again.

The OP only mentions scart sockets. So far been unable to confirm that he actually has a TV with any HDMI sockets. As you say if he has a TV with HDMI in then there is no problem in using a hdmi switch to provide extra inputs. Until we know that there are hdmi sockets buying a switch would be pointless. DVD players are SD devices and generally give the best pictures when connected to a RGB scart or Component inputs on a TV. Some do have hdmi out but it's a bit of a gimmick as any HD TV will scale the 720 x 576 source image to the TV screen resolution.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 13:42:50 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

It's a she
    Telly is a Panasonic TX L42B6B
    I will try and take a photo of what's going on!

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 18:47:30 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

yabeeb - 45 minutes ago  » 
    It's a she
    Telly is a Panasonic TX L42B6B
    I will try and take a photo of what's going on!

Buy a hdmi switch as suggested to get more hdmi inputs.

Example

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001PL5QDY/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1478543660&sr=1-4&keywords=Neet+hdmi+switch

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 19:35:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Yes I think this is the solution. Thanks both.

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 9:01:24 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.