My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Connecting Foxsat HDR to Sky box.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

spire2003

Am I correct in thinking that I need to connect satellite cables to lnb1 in & lnb2 in for device to play & record ? Also i would like to keep my sky box connected & i think I have read that I can do this by using lnb 1 out connected to lnb 1 in on sky box.

| Fri 7 Dec 2018 19:40:17 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

spire2003 - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Am I correct in thinking that I need to connect satellite cables to lnb1 in & lnb2 in for device to play & record ?

Yes for full facilities. with only one cable to LNB1, you will be able to watch anything and record a quite large subset of the channels.
    Also i would like to keep my sky box connected & i think I have read that I can do this by using lnb 1 out connected to lnb 1 in on sky box.
    Nope. If you do this, you will have two boxes both trying to control the LNB. This doesn't work if both boxes are switched on. Each LNB input requires a separate cable to the LNB.
    The

| Fri 7 Dec 2018 20:09:08 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is possible but subject to the following

I feed one of the two Freesat tuners in my Panny tV this way.

The Foxsat-HDR must be set to use low power sby. When in full sby the Sky-HD tuner has control so all channels are usable.

When on, or recording in sby or about to record. Only channels with the same polarisation as the channel tuner i is using and in the same band (high/low) can be used.

This info can be found here

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Sat 8 Dec 2018 19:40:46 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.