My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Connecting multiple boxes together

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

Hiya.
    I am new to freeview after ditching virgin. Dont get me wrong i think virgin are great and the v6 box is brilliant.. i just dont want to pay a bill every month. So i have gone with freeview. Im quite impressed so far and after my 1st Humax box i was that impressed i got another 2.
    So i have a HDR FOX T2, a HDR 1800T and a FVP 5000T. All in different parts of the house with thereown coaxils.
    My question is... is there any way that a program recorded on one box can be viewed via another box?
    Could i connect them via the ethernet cables???
    Is it possible?

Id appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.

| Sun 20 Dec 2020 1:20:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 23 mins ago  » 
    So i have a HDR FOX T2, a HDR 1800T and a FVP 5000T. All in different parts of the house with thereown coaxils.
    My question is... is there any way that a program recorded on one box can be viewed via another box?
    Could i connect them via the ethernet cables???
    Is it possible?

Yes if you have each of them connected to your router by ethernet cables or WiFi then (subject to some limitations) you can play content from one box on another using the DLNA capability. On the HDR-FOX T2 and the HDR-2000T you need to turn on content sharing (Menu button > Settings>Internet setting then set Content sharing on. On the FVP-5000T you need to Press Red Freeview button >Settings. Advanced settings> Set network server on and select a time period during which it will be available. You can then play content from another box by pressing the Media button and the then the Blue button to allow you to use content from the network (remember to switch back to HDD if you want to watch content on the local box). The limitations are (I think): FVP will play HD and SD content from an HDR-FOX T2 or another FVP but only SD content from and HDR-2000T. The HDR-FOX T2 will play SD and HD content from another HDR-FOX T2 but only SD content from an HDR-2000T or FVP. Come back with questions when you have tried it.

| Sun 20 Dec 2020 2:17:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

Hi
    So I can now access the T2 from the FVP5000. But cannot access the FVP5000 from the T2. Theres nothing recorded on the FVP but i presumed id be able to access the HDD from the the T2. So im recording something to check it. I can access the FVP5000 from the HDR1800.
    I can also connect both via hot spot on my phone.
    Now the HDR1800.. i cannot get it to connect to hot spot at all.

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 0:49:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 11 hours ago  » 
    So I can now access the T2 from the FVP5000. But cannot access the FVP5000 from the T2. Theres nothing recorded on the FVP but i presumed id be able to access the HDD from the the T2.

You aren't accessing the hard drive directly via DLNA; the DLNA server just provides a lit of file names. Hopefully it will all work when you have some recordings available.

Now the HDR1800.. i cannot get it to connect to hot spot at all.

What WiFi dongle are you using in the HDR-1800T?

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 12:08:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

At the mo im waiting on some aerial connectors before i can go further as ive moved thw boxes about.
    So as i said i can access the HDD one box to another .. you say its just a list? So i cant test just yet.. but if i can see something recorded cant i play it?
    Arh the 1800... dongle.. thats the issue.. i presumed it was wifi enabled but i was starting to think maybe it needed a dongle.. well thats sorted that.

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 23:51:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 1 hour ago  » 
    Arh the 1800... dongle.. thats the issue.. i presumed it was wifi enabled but i was starting to think maybe it needed a dongle.. well thats sorted that.

Just be aware, you can't plug in any dongle; only two chipsets are supported.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 1:08:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

So what dongles can be plugged in.. how do i find that information?

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 1:26:12 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 10 hours ago  » 
    So what dongles can be plugged in.. how do i find that information?

Either you buy the official Humax dongle or you look for dongles that use either the RT5572N or RT5370 chipsets. A suitable dongle might be https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-Wireless-HDR-1000S-HDR-FOX-HB-1000S/dp/B01B4YQQK8/ref=sr_1_3?&tag=blusas008-21

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:41:09 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

That dongle is for a Fox T2.. now my Fox doesnt have any dongle sticking out of it bit it connects to my phone hot spot.
    Anyhiw the box i know needs a dongle os the 1800. Would this dongle be suitable?

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:23:23 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Simonjanda - 32 mins ago  » 
    That dongle is for a Fox T2.

And "many more" i.e. those which can use the Ralink RT5370 chipset.

See the post for this link for which chipsets the HDR-1800T can use:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/connecting-multiple-boxes-together?quote=83979#post-83978

Also that is just an example of a wi-fi dongle with the RT5370.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:51:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.