My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Connecting multiple boxes together

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 58 mins ago  » 
    That dongle is for a Fox T2.. now my Fox doesnt have any dongle sticking out of it bit it connects to my phone hot spot.

I don't understand how an HDR-FOX T2 can connect to a WiFi hot spot with out adongle; there is definitely no built in WiFi. Are you sure that there isn't a small dongle in either the front or rear USB ports?

Anyhiw the box i know needs a dongle os the 1800. Would this dongle be suitable?

Yes but as Luke has posted there are lots of other alternatives.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 13:25:26 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 35 mins ago  » 
    And "many more" i.e. those which can use the Ralink RT5370 chipset.
    See the post for this link for which chipsets the HDR-1800T can use:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/connecting-multiple-boxes-together?quote=83979#post-83978

Luke, is that link correct??

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 13:27:05 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

Im not sure. All i know is that i went thro the settings on noth my 5000 and Fox and they both connected to the hit spot. Atm ive moved the Fox as that 5000 is really good so i use that as my main. Im just waiting for some aerial connectors to get the Fox connected where it now is. But if defo connected to my phone.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 13:57:11 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

Im not sure. All i know is that i went thro the settings on noth my 5000 and Fox and they both connected to the hit spot. Atm ive moved the Fox as that 5000 is really good so i use that as my main. Im just waiting for some aerial connectors to get the Fox connected where it now is. But if defo connected to my phone.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 14:12:09 #14 |
  5. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Interesting. So I have an Aura for the front room, but was tempted to get a cheap freeview box for our bedroom TV, I don’t care about recording stuff upstairs, but being able to see downstairs recordings in it would be awesome. Is it possible on the Aura?

If so, what’s the cheapest box I can get that will work?

Thanks everyone!

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 15:41:52 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

I cant speak about the aura.. but at this moment im watch a recording made on the 1800 which is upstairs on my 5000 which is downstairs.. im chuffed as anything tbf.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 17:23:22 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonjanda

Also.. just something ive just noticed... netflix and iplayer are on the 5000 but Prime isnt. Is there anyway to get in on ??

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 19:06:19 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 1 hour ago  » 
    Also.. just something ive just noticed... netflix and iplayer are on the 5000 but Prime isnt. Is there anyway to get in on ??

Not that I am aware of. Be nice if you could.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 20:22:23 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Shaunhoare - 4 hours ago  » 
    Interesting. So I have an Aura for the front room, but was tempted to get a cheap freeview box for our bedroom TV, I don’t care about recording stuff upstairs, but being able to see downstairs recordings in it would be awesome. Is it possible on the Aura?

You should ask that question in the Aura section of the Forum to get an informed answer.

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 20:24:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Simonjanda - 6 hours ago  » 
    Im not sure. All i know is that i went thro the settings on noth my 5000 and Fox and they both connected to the hit spot. But if defo connected to my phone.

Is there a network cable connecting the HDR-FOX T2 to your network?

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 20:25:52 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.