My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Connecting my Humax to my Network

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hebridean

I'm wanting to connect my HDR 1000 to my NAS drive and one of my PC's. Is there a user manual that explains how to do this. I can get the box to see the media PC that I have but not the video files however, I can't get the box to see my NAS drive.

Do all my video files need to be setup on Windows Media Player.

| Sun 29 Dec 2013 7:50:42 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The HDR-10x0S is a DLNA client and will see DLNA servers on your network such as Windows Media Player.
    Is your NAS a DLNA server? If not set all the files up under W.M.P.

A DLNA client normally understands only a few file formats and relies on the server to convert those it does not. Understood formats (by the HDR-10x0S) include MPEG2 and MPEG4.

| Sun 29 Dec 2013 8:40:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

Don't spend too much time on this because the DLNA client doesn't work properly anyway unless your media library is tiny (which it probably isn't or you wouldn't have a NAS). There are various threads on here discussing the shortcomings of the DNLA client on this box.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 14:35:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hebridean

Thanks sorbiegunnerou, having briefly looked at the problems I'd decided to just run PC connected to the NAS and running a third party media player. You are quite correct regarding my media library it's already pushing the limits of the PC HDD at 2TB

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 16:02:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.