My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Connecting PVR-9300T to new Samsung UHD TV

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

psl-wth

Hi, can anyone help? We have just purchased one of the latest 40" 4K Samsung UHD TVs.

We can connect our old and trusty Humax recorder - 9300T using a HDMI cable, but the picture does not display properly. It is ruined by heavy vertical lines.

Is there some other adapter we need? The particular Humax box is in the TVs list of devices to connect, so we are assuming it is compatible.

Any help appreciated.

| Mon 16 Oct 2017 15:07:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If I remember correctly the 9300 scaler only does 1280 x 720 (720p). Try letting the TV do the scaling and de-interlacing by setting the HDMI output to 576i. If the TV has RGB scart capability (usually a plug in cable adaptor with a scart socket) you might get a superior picture by setting the analogue output to RGB and using scart.

You are asking a lot as the best resolution on SD TV is 720 x 576 and this has to be scaled up to 4 times as many pixels as a Full-HD 1920 x 1080 display has.

Welcome to our forum.

| Mon 16 Oct 2017 15:28:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

psl-wth

Graham

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried the resolution suggestions you made but unfortunately to no avail. And the TV doesn't have a scart socket. So it looks like we will have to buy a new Humax box compatible with the TV.

I might just try getting the external aerial checked first as the lines on the picture corrected briefly of their own accord, but came back next time we switched on the TV. I'm guessing it might possibly be interference.

| Tue 17 Oct 2017 22:53:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.