My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Connecting to rf modulator

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

REM7

Having updated from a Foxsat-HDR to a hdr 1100s, I am trying to make a connection to another tv using a RF modulator and coax cable. This worked fine with the old box but cannot get the new box to work. I am using the RCA outputs into a SCART input to the RF modulator but nothing is picked up on the remote tv. Is there some setting that needs to be changed?

| Sun 12 May 2019 16:32:17 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Not sure about the 1000s, but some boxes don't output from scart/RCA when the HDMI is connected.
    Try disconnecting the HDMI and see if you can get anywhere.
    I assume that the remote TV tunes to the modulator but there is no audio/video? If not, belay my last and get the TV tuned to the Mod.

| Sun 12 May 2019 18:49:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have exactly that setup on my 1000S. Works perfectly. Output on both HDMI and from the RCA to RF. No settings required. I assume the 1100S is the same. I feed the RF to a distribution amp and have the 1000S output on 3 other TVs aside from the main with HDMI.
    Remember your feeding an analogue signal so the remote TV will need to be retuned for analogue in order to pick it up.

| Sun 12 May 2019 21:19:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

REM7

I haven't tried disconnecting the HDMI cable yet but suspect it may be the issue with the 1100s if it works ok with the 1000s and the set up worked fine with the older box.
    The tv is only an analogue set.

| Sun 12 May 2019 22:26:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

REM7

Ok, have now tried disconnecting the HDMI cable but still with no success. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

| Mon 13 May 2019 8:23:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Connect the RCA out from the Humax direct to the TV. That will at least confirm or otherwise that there is a signal out.
    If a signal out then I assume you have retuned the analogue TV to pick up whatever channel your RF Mod is putting out. If so then it may be the RF Mod faulty.

| Mon 13 May 2019 10:42:12 #6 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

Surely OP should be able to tune the TV to a 'snow free' 'picture' from the mod even if there is no modulation on it.
    That would eliminate either the RF or modulation side of things. I asked the question at post #2 but OP has not answered it.

| Mon 13 May 2019 15:13:50 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 3 hours ago  » 
    Surely OP should be able to tune the TV to a 'snow free' 'picture' from the mod even if there is no modulation on it.
    That would eliminate either the RF or modulation side of things. I asked the question at post #2 but OP has not answered it.

Without a CVBS input the modulator will simply output noise, unless the modulator itself has a test switch. This usually outputs a black cross on a white ground merely to confirm the destination tuner has locked on to the PAL-I output from the modulator.

| Mon 13 May 2019 19:07:30 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.