My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Connecting to wi-fi

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DHUK28

Hi, I have the 5000T, which has worked fine since we bought it last year. We have just moved house and shortly afterwards the Internet was working with same provider and router, but we recently had broadband issues, which resulted in having to have a new router. We were without Internet for over two weeks, but the new router was finally working yesterday. All other devices (laptops, mobile phones, etc.) have now connected to the wi-fi, but I cannot get the Humax box to connect. I can get to the settings, but when I get to the screen to enter the wi-fi password the number keys do not work. All I get is the yellow circle with a line through it at the upper right of the screen. The keys work to change channels, etc, just not for the password field.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what to do, please? I cannot even see any option to bring up a virtual keyboard on the TV.

Thanks.

| Fri 3 Jul 2020 9:33:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

When you are on the password page, make sure that the password box is highlighted blue (if it's not use the 'up' key), then press OK on the remote. This will bring up the online keyboard.

| Fri 3 Jul 2020 9:43:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DHUK28

Thank you so much! I saw that the password box was highlighted, but thought the 'press OK' was referring to the button below for some reason! Just expected the number/letter keys on the remote to work. I can't remember what happened when we set it up initially, as that was done as part of the setup procedure with the old router, so it was probably a different method. I searched the instruction manual but could not find anything about a virtual keyboard.

| Sat 4 Jul 2020 8:09:39 #3 |
  4. electra

electra

DHUK Pleased you fixed it When I read your post and the answer thought Sounds just like something that would have happened to me.

| Sun 5 Jul 2020 21:48:22 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.