My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Considering an FVP 4000T to replace Fox T2

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

You haven't got it wrong. The key you press is the right arrow key which has different functions depending on what you are doing. My post states that a small menu appears which it does.

I do sometime wonder why manufactures do these things. Thy had/have a well designed well received ergonomic remote for the Freesat and Freeview 2000T models that is a pleasure to use. The one button press skip feature is a real plus so they abandon it in order to make the button on the newer model have different functions and so by doing so make it more difficult for the consumer.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 11:42:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Faust - 4 minutes ago  » 

You haven't got it wrong. The key you press is the right arrow key which has different functions depending on what you are doing. My post states that a small menu appears which it does.

I do sometime wonder why manufactures do these things. Thy had/have a well designed well received ergonomic remote for the Freesat and Freeview 2000T models that is a pleasure to use. The one button press skip feature is a real plus so they abandon it in order to make the button on the newer model have different functions and so by doing so make it more difficult for the consumer.

You should see what they've done with the 'Search' button. To search for a program you have to press the 'Search' button (a magnifying glass) then press 'OK' which then brings up a keyboard to let you enter your search term. I emailed them about this and got a reply saying it doesn't seem too much trouble to press an extra button. It's completely superfluous!

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 11:51:21 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

You should see what they've done with the 'Search' button. To search for a program you have to press the 'Search' button (a magnifying glass) then press 'OK' which then brings up a keyboard to let you enter your search term. I emailed them about this and got a reply saying it doesn't seem too much trouble to press an extra button. It's completely superfluous!

It appears to me that Humax did not get the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" memo.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 14:26:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Have others have received a communication from Humax? I have had an email from Humax offering graded 4000T 500gig for £139. I suspect they've had so many returned they are desperate to get rid of some.

You can also get the 1800T for £79. I won't be taking them up on either of these offers.

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 13:38:53 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    Have others have received a communication from Humax? I have had an email from Humax offering graded 4000T 500gig for £139. I suspect they've had so many returned they are desperate to get rid of some.
    You can also get the 1800T for £79. I won't be taking them up on either of these offers.

I've had that same email but as I already have the FVP4000T I ignored it.
    All in all I'm reasonably happy with the box despite the few niggles.

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 13:42:13 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I got same email, won't be buying. Although in fairness to Humax I previously bought two "refurbished" HB1000S at £39 each, which looked as if they were brand new returns which had been repackaged. A best buy which I have never regretted. Wait another 12 to 18 months and the 4000T will be on offer for less than £100.

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 15:40:09 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Wait another 12 to 18 months and the 4000T will be on offer for less than £100.

Is that Humax paying you the £100 simply to take one off their hands?

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 16:42:53 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.