My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Control problems,

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zorro

Hi humax family, im hoping someone can help, we had a storm last night which knocked out the electric several times, since then the remote has been playing up, it stops working completely, i have to turn off the humax box at the back then back on, and the control will work, but only for a short while then i have to start again, i have tried the 0 & ok button test, and the tv button & red button test but its still not working, please help someone thanks

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 18:05:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Might be worth disconnecting the power (not just going to standby) in a controlled way for a few minutes.

Seems unlikely that the remote has failed, more likely a problem with the box it controls.

It might help some here to help if you identify which of the many Humax boxes you are using.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 19:08:30 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum

Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote and holding down the power on button for a short period. This discharges the stored energy in the remote capacitors. Effectively rebooting the remote processor.

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 19:10:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zorro

Hi guys thanks for the suggestions, yes i have tried both of those, and its still the same

| Fri 2 Oct 2020 21:58:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.