My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Copy files from HDD to PC

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NickDawson - 35 minutes ago  » 
    The box itself has not failed however the ability to read the HDD has ie the HDD controller. If I can read the HDD on the box via a caddy and USB then an HDMI splitter may well work.

I don't think it will work but you might as well try.

| Sun 15 Jul 2018 20:10:41 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

xeroid4

It certainly works with a Sky box so don’t see why it shouldn’t work with a Humax.
    You will of course need a method of replaying the resulting (?) MP4 recordings, ie VLC, Kodi, Plex, etc.

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 9:56:35 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

xeroid4 - 2 hours ago  » 
    It certainly works with a Sky box so don’t see why it shouldn’t work with a Humax.
    You will of course need a method of replaying the resulting (?) MP4 recordings, ie VLC, Kodi, Plex, etc.

It will work with a Foxsat-HDR which had a software update just after launch which enabled playback of encrypted content via usb.

I very much doubt it will work on a G2 box, worth a try though.

You can do similar if you have a Freeview-HD PVR using a digital modulator and tuning the DVB-T HD digital mux it creates. A HDR-FOX-T2 is ideal because with the aid of the custom firmware you can export the recordings directly to a PC.

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 12:38:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

This is why I say again. Never use a modern PVR for 'treasured recordings' because once your box dies your recordings die with it.

If you have something like the Fox-T2 or the 2000T then you can export to a USB/HDD for transferring to a PC and that will work. In the case of the 2000T that must be in SD. Not sure about the format for the Fox-T2

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 15:44:08 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 6 hours ago  » 
    This is why I say again. Never use a modern PVR for 'treasured recordings' because once your box dies your recordings die with it.
    If you have something like the Fox-T2 or the 2000T then you can export to a USB/HDD for transferring to a PC and that will work. In the case of the 2000T that must be in SD. Not sure about the format for the Fox-T2

It's possible to transfer HD recordings to USB on the HDR-FOX-T2 and the newer HDR-1800/2000T as well and preserve them. It's much easier on the HDR-FOX-T2 because you do not need to use USB to transfer.

Can't say anything more except to say all three boxes are able to decrypt existing encrypted content using the built in software,

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 22:27:57 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 36 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 6 hours ago  » 

It's possible to transfer HD recordings to USB on the HDR-FOX-T2 and the newer HDR-1800/2000T as well and preserve them. It's much easier on the HDR-FOX-T2 because you do not need to use USB to transfer.
    Can't say anything more except to say all three boxes are able to decrypt existing encrypted content using the built in software,

You obviously know something I don't regarding the HDR-2000T Graham. I do own the 2000T and have saved lot's of recordings to USB then to PC/NAS for archiving. However, they are all in SD. I did try HD but had no luck.

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 23:07:06 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 7 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 36 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 6 hours ago  » 

You obviously know something I don't regarding the HDR-2000T Graham. I do own the 2000T and have saved lot's of recordings to USB then to PC/NAS for archiving. However, they are all in SD. I did try HD but had no luck.

See your PM's

| Sat 21 Jul 2018 23:16:05 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.