My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Copy programmes from my recordings to external HD

(5 posts)
  1. Davy

Davy

special member

How do I copy on to a USB or other hard drive, programmes from 'my recordings' on my 1010s? I want to put some programmes I have recorded from the TV on to another USB stick or spare external hard drive.

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 19:48:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't. Only content you can export is content you uploaded in the first place.

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 19:55:56 #2 |
  3. Davy

Davy

special member

Very strange , when I bought this model, I had another Humax one as well. I transferred everything I had recorded from the TV from it onto an external hard drive, then copied it over to this one and all the files played no problem. If it can do that for an older model, surely it can do the same for this one.

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 20:21:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Davy - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Very strange , when I bought this model, I had another Humax one as well. I transferred everything I had recorded from the TV from it onto an external hard drive, then copied it over to this one and all the files played no problem. If it can do that for an older model, surely it can do the same for this one.

The G2 freetime spec is locked down compared to the earlier boxes. The recordings partition is itself encrypted uniquely to the box and can't be read by external kit.

Humax have to build the box to the specification required.

You could complain to Freesat but I doubt you will get anywhere.

In time you should be able to view the recordings on other kit which supports protected DLNA streaming. The HDR FOX T2 for instance.

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 20:31:22 #4 |
  5. Davy

Davy

special member

No problem, I use an external 1tb HD for movies etc I download from the net and watch it on the 1010s.
    Shame they did away with that feature for no real reason. Wish they would do away with the annoying clicking sound on the remote! I don't use the original one at all now, prefer the older one I had for the other box plus I can control the TV with it. As usual, the remote is the least important design feature and for what the model costs, should be a lot better than that.
    Thanks for the info though, appreciate it

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 20:37:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.