My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Copying files onto Humax HDR-1100S

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

strugglinauthor

I notice that the Humax has directories for MyMusic, MyPhotos etc. Is there an easy way to copy MP3, Jpegs and the like onto the Humax? I have tried connecting my PC via a USB cable, hoping that the PC would see the Humax as a drive. But it can't see it at all.

Any help gratefully received!

| Thu 22 Sep 2016 20:19:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

That's because both the PC and the 1100S have a usb port that expects a USB mass storage device (memory stick or hard drive). You cannot just connect them together. You would have to copy the files to a usb storage device on the PC and then connect it to the 1100S to play them back directly. If you wish you can upload them from the connected USB device to the 1100S internal drive to the folders you mention.

Good news is if your PC and the Humax are both connected to a home network you can play these files directly without any extra connections.

The 1100S has a DLNA client, it can play back files that are stored on a source with a DLNA server. Windows Media Player is a DLNA server.

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/televisions/article/what-is-dlna

First thing you have to do is share the folders on your PC (right click and choose share in Windows Explorer).

Different versions of windows are slightly different. Google using Windows Media Player as a DLNA server for Windows xx.

In the Menu Humax option choose the appropriate option and if you have set up the PC correctly you should see your PC as a source device, select it and then any shared files that match the option you have chosen. You can play them back by simply clicking OK on one.

| Thu 22 Sep 2016 22:29:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

strugglinauthor

Thanks for the prompt response, Graham. Much appreciated. I'll give it a whirl...

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 12:37:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

strugglinauthor

Sorted! Thanks again.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 14:12:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.