My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Corrupted Recordings

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

FVP4000T Nero 2TB - purchased 10th December.

I've seen a few comments on this site and elsewhere about corrupted / pixelated recordings and wondering how wide spread this problem is as I too have lost recordings.
    When trying to play a problem recording I get an intial message at top of screen saying "recording failed due to unknown error" and the recording is truly unwatchable.
    Have emailed Humax and waiting on response.
    Of 4 recordings today, 1 failed and 3 worked fine. Have lost about 10 recordings so far since having this box. By comparison, recordings work fine on my Humax PVR9300.
    My reception signal / quality are both fine 80% sig / 100% quality, all on one transmitter and I have no problems with live tv on the humax or any other TV devices in the home.

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 2:17:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pharmacologist 51

About one third to one quarter of mine fail in the same way, many pixilated, often there is e reference to a power problem (which there isn't)?

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 7:53:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fangorn59

I have a brand new FVP-4000T Mocha. Christmas present - so started to record just after that. Of the first 14 recordings 7 failed with the message "Recording failed due to unknown error" - these all start late and are pixelated. 2 more had the message "Recording failed due to no signal" - 1 of those had recorded without any problem! and the other started late and was pixelated out. 5 recorded OK. The channel doesn't matter - several of the failed recordings are on BBC1 as are some of the successful ones. There is no pixellation while watching the programme live - it is only the playback of the recording that is affected.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 13:11:14 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I bought my 4000T a couple of weeks ago and initially I had this problem, too. When recording 4 programmes at once a couple of 5USA recordings were unwatchable.

I put it down to user-error, as instead of connecting the aerial directly to the Humax and looping through to the TV I used a cheap splitter to feed the signal directly to both and ended up with signal strengths of 1-70%; 2-67%; and 3 only 48%.

After I reconnected my Humax and TV correctly my signal strengths increased to 1-84%; 2-85% and 3-78% and apart from an occasional bit of pixellation, which I put down to the bad weather, I've not had a problem.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:25:27 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is typical of a box that has autotuned from more than 1 transmitter. Check your epg for duplicate channels with logical channel numbers over 700. If you have this, solution is delete all radio and TV channels and manually tune. Not having a FVP-4000T I can't post specific instructions.

If you confirm you have the duplicate channels, a box owner hopefully will post the required procedure.

Welcome to our forum.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:29:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

grahamlthompson - 24 minutes ago  » 
    This is typical of a box that has autotuned from more than 1 transmitter. Check your epg for duplicate channels with logical channel numbers over 700. If you have this, solution is delete all radio and TV channels and manually tune. Not having a FVP-4000T I can't post specific instructions.
    If you confirm you have the duplicate channels, a box owner hopefully will post the required procedure.

As per my original post, all my channels are from one transmitter (none over 700) and even yesterday I had another failed recording. Still waiting on Humax to reply to my emails about this problem, although appreciate Xmas has probably slowed them down.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:55:35 #6 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

giverny - 4 days ago  » 

My reception signal / quality are both fine 80% sig / 100% quality, all on one transmitter and I have no problems with live tv on the humax or any other TV devices in the home.

Is your signal strength 80% on all three tuners?

When I had this problem I only had a signal strength of 48% on the third tuner which is what I assumed the corrupted recordings used. Although my assumption may be wrong and this could just have been a coincidence.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 15:59:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Whih test recording of 3 tuners recording 4 progs and one live channel, typically show 79%, 77% and 72% across tuners with all recordings perfect, no corruption. Whenever corruption occurs it only seems so far to be when one recording event is active and one live channel (I don't usually put box into standby in order to keep the media server and samba features active for remote access around the house, two key points for having this box). So far, the corruption seems to be a bit random, can not pinpoint a causation yet, but it is extremely annoying when it keeps happening.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 16:34:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Humax support have recommended doing a factory default restore so I will try this and monitor future recordings.

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 12:48:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fangorn59

Exactly what they told me too! First two recordings after the reset have been fine. But I wasn't watching another channel at the same time - so I will keep monitoring.

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 19:39:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.