My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Corrupted Recordings

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

protos55

It does not bode well for the future. I have returned 3 units, all with issues including bad recordings. Maybe the heat is causing this, especially as most people have to leave it switched on due to the standby / recording problem.

So far my new Panasonic is behaving perfectly, and there is no temperature difference whether it is switched on or not.

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 20:54:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

protos55 - 39 minutes ago  » ... most people have to leave it switched on due to the standby / recording problem...

I haven't seen that mentioned before. Can you provide some links were it has been discussed?

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 21:36:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    This is typical of a box that has autotuned from more than 1 transmitter. Check your epg for duplicate channels with logical channel numbers over 700. If you have this, solution is delete all radio and TV channels and manually tune. Not having a FVP-4000T I can't post specific instructions.
    If you confirm you have the duplicate channels, a box owner hopefully will post the required procedure.
    Welcome to our forum.

Presumably you were posting to fangorn59 as it was fangorn59 first post.

I agree that in fangorn59 case that does appear to have contributed to any other issues fangorn59 may be experiencing.

fangorn59, it sounds as though the cause of your issues are different from the issue reported in post #1. I suggest that you first make sure that you are only tuned to 1 transmitter.

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 21:41:55 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Simonash

FVP 4000T 1TB Purchased 17th OCT 2015
    My unit is also corrupting/pixelating many recordings - "due to unknown error"
    With three channels recording the signal strength/quality are all 100%, with a new aerial/coax cable installation. The effect seems to be random. I also have left the unit switched on constantly following problems coming out of stanby. Also think the epg UI is a joke. Have resorted to using radio times. Bought the unit to replace a PVR 9200T. Thinking of sending unit back. Runs very hot.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 12:18:56 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fangorn59

I can confirm that I am only tuned to 1 transmitter. Since the factory reset about a dozen programmes in the course of 1 week all recorded OK. Then just one had the same message about recording failing due to unknown error and that started late and was pixelated and unwatchable. A further two recordings have since worked fine without changing any settings.

I also have my box connected to a home network and leave it on constantly. It does also get very hot like this.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 16:59:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I did the factory reset 6 days ago. So far, all but one of my recordings has been successful. The one that failed had the usual message "unknown error" which begs the question if the humax software knows the recording has failed why can't it flag up a proper error message stating why it thinks the recording failed - then perhaps we wouldn't all be in the dark with this problem.
    Yes, my box also is left on, to act as a media server, and also gets very hot.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 22:39:31 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notsofastmatey

Just to add my 2p... I'm finding "some" recordings (not many) pixelated to the point of being unwatchable. I'm also getting recordings that finish before the end of the programme, regular (several times a week) freezing and a complete failure to check for updated firmware (I left it checking overnight then had to unplug it!). Throw in the slow, badly designed UI and that's it for me.

I am going to take it back at the weekend. Now we have a TV with Netflix, iPlayer and Plex I'm not convinced I even need to record anything. Sad - I loved my 9200 back in the day.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 22:25:42 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.