My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Could my 1000S affect my Sony TV remote?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

I've discovered that I can't set the sleep timer on my TV anymore. I'm not sure how the Humax could interfere with it, and I'm not totally convinced it is.

What happens is, I press the Options button on the Sony remote and nothing happens, other than the TV's LED blinking to indicate it recognised the click. I'd suspect the remote batteries but power on/off, the HDMI selection buttons, and volume controls are still working. Somehow I was managing to make things happen on the Humax by pressing a button on the Sony also.

I don't know if the Humax is recording my IR activity and re-transmitting it or something, but if so, how do I stop it? I want the two remotes to remain separate. The TV isn't only for the Humax, there are many things plugged into it (BR, Wii, Roku).

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 23:20:38 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Possibly a side effect of CEC?

Try switching off HDMI control in the external inputs menu on the TV.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 8:33:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Barry - 3 hours ago  » 
    Possibly a side effect of CEC?
    Try switching off HDMI control in the external inputs menu on the TV.

Thanks. That was it. I'm still not sure whether it was my Humax or my BluRay player that was exerting too much control over the TV (as I've never tried setting the sleep timer before when I was watching a disc).

HDMI Ctrl disabled - joy all around

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 11:53:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.