My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Could our TV be damaging our Humax HDR1000s boxes?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpm

Hi
    We seem to be having a run on boxes since we changed our TV after christmas.
    Before that we had had the sme box working fine for something approaching 10 years. Since we got the new TV we seem to be having trouble with a box every few months.
    The HDD packed up on the original one and replaced the drive and it was fine for another few months and then it happened again. We got another secondhand box which also only lasted about a month before we had trouble again.
    This time we couldn't get it to do anything so we got another one which also only lasted a few months. This time it was something other than the drive as we swopped the drive into our first box which worked but nothing worked with the second or third boxes.
    We also have one upstairs which seems fine, although we haven't had it as long as the first so doubt it is a mains supply issue. We tried the new ones with different power supplies incase it was that but obviously not.
    The only other thing we can think of is that it is something to do with the connection to the new TV that is upsetting them. It has a facility that means when we turn the box off standby it also turns the tv out of standby too but I don't know enough to know what signals/power go up/down a hdmi cable, does anyone have a really good understanding that can 100% rule this out?
    Thank you

| Mon 31 May 2021 12:32:28 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The passing of commands is called HDMI-CEC - you will find a settings to disable this on the TV. However HDMI-CEC has many names - Search for HDMi-CEC and you TV brand for the name.

I think perhaps you have had a run of bad luck. There was a batch (or several) of these units which had a premature component failure which resulted it it being unable to see the hard disk.

Try and see if you can find a HDR-1100S second hand.

| Mon 31 May 2021 13:00:55 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.