My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Crash and Reboot When Using Two Different Players

(4 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I have a new issue when using iPlayer and All 4. Twice the day before yesterday using iPlayer to watch a UHD programme it froze for a few seconds then the Aura crashed and rebooted. Yesterday I shut it down and removed the power, after powering up again it would not reboot beyond the Humax splash screen (just went black), however, it did successfully record scheduled programmes in the afternoon in this state. The status light did not dim and remained at full brightness.

After a bit of research in the FAQ I powered it off again and powered on to the Android Recovery Menu and selected the ‘wipe cache partition’ option as I didn’t want to lose everything with a factory reset. It rebooted without any further issues and no recordings had been missed.

Last night we watched a UHD programme on iPlayer with no issues, after we used All 4 and it crashed and rebooted again after the programme froze for a few seconds the same as with iPlayer.

I use a wired LAN connection so shouldn’t be related to any wireless issues.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

| Wed 5 Jan 2022 11:14:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

sjt8

Don't have a fix, but I've also seen this problem in the last couple of weeks. At first I thought it was my Aura getting hot and only doing it whilst recording, but having moved it, it still does it and also not only when recording.

If it was recording when it crashes, it is usually stuck in the black screen after reboot state until I can reboot it again after the recording has finished. If it reboots when not recording, it is usually OK after reboot.

Seen it on both iPlayer and All4 but not Prime/Disney+ etc...

I haven't paid much attention to which programmes in iPlayer do it, but maybe it is UHD content only as it doesn't always do it.

| Sat 8 Jan 2022 22:19:39 #2 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

An update: This is not just catch-up player related as I had exactly the same lock-up symptoms and crash when watching a recorded programme this morning.

I'm beginning to wonder if its a hardware related issue rather than software ....

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 10:32:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattsan1

I've started getting the same problem this week. Several times the box has frozen (on either iplayer or playback) and then rebooted.

I had such high hopes for this box but now find myself having to revert back to our Roku quite regularly.

Am thinking it might be time to try a different brand having been loyal to Humax for years....

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 21:45:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.