My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Current channel will not record

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

Here's an interesting problem on a brand new HDR-1100S. After using the STB for a couple of days it has decided to not let me record the channel that is being watched live! This happens when using the record button on the remote from the EPG, Now and Next banner or just the 'plain screen". It will also not record any other channels from the EPG that are 'on now'. All future programmes can be set to record.

I've solved the problem by power cycling the unit, but it's an interesting issue nonetheless.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 17:11:32 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What was it recording at the time? What are your recording settings, How many feeds?

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 20:08:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

Hi - nothing was recording at the time and there was nothing due to start for about 6 hours so there was no issues with recording conflicts.

The recording settings are the defaults as delivered from the factory.
    i.e. Start and End padding - Auto
    Instant replay - 15 seconds
    Skip forward - 120 seconds
    Recoding buffer - on
    Auto delete - on

There are two feeds from the box and the signal strength on both shows full bars and 'Good'.

I have had no problem recording stuff that wasn't live and no problems recording two things at once. Also since the power cycle I can also record 'live' programmes.

It looks as though the STB had a hiccup earlier and I was interested to see whether anyone else had experienced this problem.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 21:38:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobby Boy

I'm new and so too is my HDR 1100s today. Mine will not let me watch a live program if it's in Record mode.

I may need to start another thread for my second self inflicted problem, but here goes!

When setting up my new dish with the STB, I only had one LNB connected at the dish end, so the Wizard only tuned and shows one feed. How can I retune to catch the second LNB please?

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 0:29:38 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bobby Boy - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I'm new and so too is my HDR 1100s today. Mine will not let me watch a live program if it's in Record mode.
    I may need to start another thread for my second self inflicted problem, but here goes!
    When setting up my new dish with the STB, I only had one LNB connected at the dish end, so the Wizard only tuned and shows one feed. How can I retune to catch the second LNB please?

Welcome to our Forum

Simple solution is to factory reset the unit, make a of any timers you have set up as these get deleted, along with a user settings you may have adjusted.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 0:36:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobby Boy

Many thanks Barry.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 0:49:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobby Boy

Sorry it's asking for the PIN Nº, where can I fid this, as it won't accept the code I put into the wizard?

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 1:33:32 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The default pin is 0000.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 7:51:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobby Boy

Many thanks REPASSAC, I did a reset but negative result, re-made all 'F' connectors, still no joy.

Everything is new, dish/cable/STB I have all programs working fine, just the second tuner not picking up any signal, Any help on a work flow to diagnosis the problem would be appreciated.

Does the 12v supply to the quad LNB come from the STB's LNB 1 socket only and does it not matter which connectors on the LNB one uses?

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 13:46:16 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did the unit see two feeds or one (On screen message) after the factory reset?

Suggestions:
    Start a recording on BBC2 HD then use the channel up to see what is selectable. Recheck the signals when doing this on several non BBC channels.

Swap the feeds from the dish - does the problem stay on tuner two or move to one? If it moves it is a cable problem.

The voltage from memory is either 13 or 18 volts depending on channel polarisation. Each feed is controlled separately, when in use.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 14:58:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.