My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Definitive Bug and Enhancement lists

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Hello Administrators,

Is there a definitive list of known issues with HDR1000/1010S that Freesat/Humax acknowledge exist and are working on, rather than the conglomeration of customer complaints we see on this Forum?

If so could you guide me to them please.

It would also be of considerable use to know what they are and what the proposed schedule of "repairs" are.

Also, what and when any enhancements are due would also be useful as a separate list, for those people like myself who would like to purchase this unit but only see complaint after complaint and are holding off their purchase until a more reliable and more "function ability" product exists. It MUST be doing something to the sales figures.

I used to work for a company that manufactured equipment for the semiconductor industry and it produced just such lists for the end users, so that the customers at least knew that something was being done.

I have a feeling that I know what the answer is going to be, but if I am wrong then "yippee!!".

If I am right, then perhaps you may like to put forward my suggestion to the company.

Best regards

G. Elliott

| Mon 13 May 2013 13:06:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

Buy it, there are no major problems with the machine just minor niggles such as a time stamp to go with the date to enable you to watch things in order they are recorded. You are missing out on a really good piece of kit.

| Mon 13 May 2013 14:01:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

One of the 1000S users and contributor to this forum...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/bd-p/freetime
    ...did compile just such a list as far back as the Xmas timeframe. It appears to have been ignored by the Freesat staff who contributed to the forum at that time. They have disappeared off of the forum lately. The list is buried among the posts on that forum, if you have the patience you might find it ( sorry, but I can't be bothered looking since it generated so little interest, outside of the user community, at the time).

| Mon 13 May 2013 14:04:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Many thanks to Pollensa1946 and KeithWarrington for the comments above.

Sorry for delay in response.

The reason the list died a death was probably because Freesat could not be bothered to act on it for some reason best known to themselves.

I suspect you are right Keith Warrington, but I am awaiting the implementation of full DLNA capabilities and someone remarked that they (Freesat) cannot even get the DLNA function they claim to have, to actually function correctly.

Does anyone have any further comments on either the validity of current DLNA function and future implementation of FULL DLNA spec?

Thanks.

| Sat 18 May 2013 11:59:58 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There are several DLNA specs, depending on the device class and function. What is implemented is a DLNA client and Humax have said that they intend to implement a DLNA server later. The server will include DLNA copy protection.

See DLNA.org. See the Tech. Overview -
    Media Format and Transport Model for details.

The current client works well with Foxsat material and I have only found a few odd container formats that don't work. I think the server is responsible for converting these to MPEG-2 unless the client is known to support the format, according to the spec anyway.

I doubt if Humax will apply for certification of the client until the server is ready.

I do remember seeing that bug list - would be very out of date now as 1.00.37 fixed a lot of them. freesat did publish responses from Humax to some issues. The issues that remain have limited impact and I presume that these are still being worked on.

| Sat 18 May 2013 13:34:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xeroid3

I presume that this is the buglist referred to: https://sites.google.com/site/freesatlist/issues

| Sat 18 May 2013 15:34:52 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.