My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Deleted a file I desperately need to keep

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Martin beat me to it, I'm guessing it's NTFS as well; however, not too sure about the reverse Linux logic, don't really understand that.
    What should happen:
    go to media folder, scroll up/down until file highlighted, press opt+, scroll down to Move/Copy and press ok, this should give a new option with a list of destinations, scroll down to the destination and hit the red button to move/copy, you should get a confirmation that the file has been added for moving/copying.
    Easiest way to test this is with a usb stick formatted to fat32 and find a small file to copy across, at least this way you should see how it would work.
    The custom firmware has a ntfs-3g package that should allow read/write access to ntfs, I've not used it on the Humax, but used similar loads of times with Linux and never had a problem.
    I'm glad you found the clip, it's little things like that that make the difference. If you haven't already I'd advise putting the custom firmware on and playing, it turns a good box into a brilliant box.

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 0:42:34 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I should have said I have the Custom Firmware so my box will write to a NTFS drive.

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 9:35:37 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.