My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Deleting Recordings after Software update

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

omc

I recently updated to Software version 1.02.13 (a lot later than most, I know). I used to be able to press the Back button after watching a recording which would take me back to the page the recording was on and I could then choose the Delete option. Since the software update, I can't do that if a scheduled recording starts while I'm watching an existing recording. If that happens, then pressing the Back button takes you to the current TV programme and I have to go through all the steps to find the recording and delete it which is really annoying as it's at least 9 button presses. Has anyone else noticed this after the update?

| Mon 28 Aug 2017 20:45:42 #1 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I have experienced this myself, but I doubt that it has anything to do with the new software as I mentioned it on here in February 2016 in this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/deleting-several-recorded-programmes-from-disk

I don't believe that it is connected to scheduled recordings starting either as this happens 90% of the time when I am watching a recording, but the back button takes me to live tv only occasionally.

I think it has something to do with the buttons used when watching a recording; Pause, FF, Back etc. but I've never worked out which button or combination of buttons causes it. Maybe Barry or some other experienced user on here has the answer.

I may be splitting hairs here, but deleting the last watched recording shouldn't take 9 or more button presses, the maximum is 8, twice as many as the 4 it should take.

Recordings - Down - OK - Right - OK - Down - OK - OK

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 11:43:39 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

OP - welcome to our Forum

I agree, nothing to do with latest software.

You can also delete from the recent tab

Home (or FP button depending on which remote in use)
    Down - recent should be highlighted
    OK
    Highlight programme to be deleted
    + and OK to confirm.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 11:50:30 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Barry, the reason I didn't mention that method of deleting from the 'Recent' tab is that it has never worked for me.

It deletes the programme from the Recent page, but when I go back into the 'Programme' tab the programme is still listed there and available to watch.

I just tried it now to check that this was still happening, and unfortunately it is.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 16:03:49 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Well blow me you are right....

Methinks it must just be to delete the programme from the recent list accessed via home and in the timers list.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 16:36:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Going back from or stopping a recording seems has always gone back to the tv or the recordings page with no regular pattern for me (except the former happens more frequently) - I thought there was some logic to it but having done it a few hundred times by now I can never tell what it's going to do. I'd guess it's a bug which sometimes causes it to fail to go back to the recordings page. Also, often when I hit the recordings button, instead of bringing up that page it sometimes randomly decides just to display text showing the current channel, which must be another bug. I can't say I remember this one always happening.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 17:00:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

omc

Thanks for the replies. I put it down to the software update as this started happening immediately after updating the software 2 weeks ago which seems to me a bit of a coincidence. Pre update, the only time I was taken back to the TV was if I accessed a menu option (eg. TV guide or Home/Recordings) while watching a recording.

I watch and record a lot of programmes (hence the number of button presses to delete as most of my recordings are part of series). In my case, the common denominator to being taken to the TV when pressing the Back button is always because a scheduled recording has started while watching an existing recording.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 17:38:07 #7 |
  8. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Yes, I too record lots of series, but that doesn't increase the number of button presses in the sequence I posted to delete the last watched episode.

As you are a new member here I am not sure if you are aware, but you can delete a whole series at once by selecting the group in the Programme tab of the Recordings page and pressing + then OK.

Your mention of accessing the EPG or the Home/Recordings page whilst watching a recording is interesting as it isn't something I'd considered, but as it is something I occasionally do it could account for the times I'm take back to live TV. I'll keep some watched recordings and do some testing.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 18:04:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

omc

Yes, I know about deleting a whole series but because of the number of recordings I have (HD is approx 85% full) and the fact I rarely watch all the episodes of a series in one go, I tend to delete after watching each episode. The downside I guess is the number of button presses to go back to delete each episode.
    Can I check whether I'm missing something about the sequence because I'm using: Home button - Recordings OK- Right (to get to folder) - OK - Left (to get to episode dates) - Ch Up (to get to top date) - OK - Right - Down (to Delete this Episode) - OK - Yes.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 18:52:24 #9 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I have the 2TB version and it's half full with 274 recordings at the moment, and like you I tend to delete each episode of a series after I have watched it.

If you simply want to delete the episode you just watched it is quicker and easier to follow the button presses I mentioned earlier.

If you are using the RM-L08 remote you press the Recordings button at the top to go directly to the recordings page, then, instead of pressing Right and possibly having to scroll through the icons to find the folder, press Down to go to Recent then OK.

Then press Right and the episode you have just watched will be the first one there in the top left corner. You then press OK to select it then Delete This Episode.

Just follow this sequence:

Recordings - Down - OK - Right - OK - Down - OK - OK

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 19:42:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.