My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Deleting Recordings after Software update

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

omc

Ahh... I've got the RM-L05 remote which is why I was wondering how to get straight to the recordings.
    Interestingly, I had previously tried the sequence you suggested and doing it via the Recent tab but, like you mentioned earlier, it hadn't worked for me either and only deleted it from the Recent tab, not the Programme tab. I've tried it just now and it has deleted it from the Programme tab as well. Assuming that works each time, it's certainly quicker than trawling back through a 25 episode series !

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 20:21:03 #11 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

When you're in the Recent tab If you press OK on the programme to bring up the programme details and delete from there it should work every time, it does for me. It's the + and Delete combination which doesn't work.

I have been doing some testing and, thanks to your earlier comments about using the EPG etc. whilst watching a recording, I believe that I have solved the mystery, on my machine at least.

I was watching the recording of the GBBO, I used the FF and pause buttons and scheduled recordings started at 9pm and 10pm. There was no problem at the end when I pressed the Back button, it took me to the info screen where I could select 'Delete'

I then started watching the same recording again and this time I pressed 'Guide' to bring up the EPG. When I pressed the Back button it took me to live TV.

I exited, started watching again and when I pressed the Back button it again worked as it should.

Next I pressed the Menu button and brought up the schedule while the recording was playing and the Back button took me to live TV.

Finally I scheduled another recording to start at 10:40pm and left the GBBO recording playing. The new recording started, I pressed the back button and took me where I wanted to be, at the screen where I could delete it.

In conclusion, pressing the Guide, Recording or the Menu button whilst watching a recording causes the Back button to work as an Exit button and go to live TV.

Scheduled recordings starting whilst watching a recording do not affect the behaviour of the Back Button.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 22:54:54 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Good find, just did a quick test and it seems to be the case and is the same when stopping a recording or pressing the back button.

I noticed bringing the menu up alone doesn't cause it to go then go back to live TV, it's only after selecting any of the menu options - On Demand, TV Guide, Recordings, Media, Settings.

Going back to live TV in these cases makes no sense, must be a bug..hopefully it can be flagged to Humax to fix it at some stage.

| Wed 30 Aug 2017 9:13:34 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

omc

This was why I originally posted. The back button always took me back to where I could delete the recording, not to live TV unless I used one of the other menu functions. Since I updated the software, it doesn't do that and scheduled recordings starting when I'm watching a recording have impacted on the behaviour of the back button.

| Wed 30 Aug 2017 20:48:58 #14 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

omc - 3 hours ago  » 
    Since I updated the software, it doesn't do that and scheduled recordings starting when I'm watching a recording have impacted on the behaviour of the back button.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone else is having this issue, or can replicate it, because the new software hasn't affected my 4000T in this way.

| Thu 31 Aug 2017 0:00:19 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.