My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Detecting new Channels?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

colin1951uk

Hi,

I've recently returned to using my Humax box after having some poor results with other brands.

I've been using the box for nearly two weeks now and have updated it to the latest software from the Humax site and everything is working fine BUT I've noticed that the box hasn't picked up the big changes to Com 8 that happened yesterday where the BBC added a large number of Red Button channels to be used for the forthcoming Olympics.

If my mind is correct from the past I used to get a little alert pop up telling me that new channels were available and a re-tune may be required. I haven't seen anything like that since yesterday.

I am right in saying the Hd Fox T2 does automatically add new channels as they become available and that it's not in my imagination am I? I seem to recall it was on the original packaging which I dumped some time ago now. It's not in the user manual that I've kept.

The fact that I can remember the alert that used to pop up previously makes me wonder if the latest software update has maybe removed this feature.

I can do a manual re-tune to pick up these extra channels but I'd prefer not to as it will destroy my Favorite listings of which I have two. Just adding any channels that the box should pick up doesn't hurt anything.

Any comments please?

Cheers, Colin

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 18:16:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Not all channels and so a retune now will only do part of the job. The rest of the changes will be tomorrow.

The alert that there are new channels to tune into is scheduled for the next time the HD-FOX T2 is on after 15:00 tomorrow the 27th.

If the Humax is switched on at this time the pop-up will appear and if you do nothing it will start to retune a couple of minutes later.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 20:35:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

colin1951uk

Thanks Luke, I just tried the box now and sure enough there was the pop up to re-tune that I thought would never appear.

I just need some patience having not used the box for a while!!

Cheers, Colin

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 19:32:23 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.