My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Dickensian "unsupported file format" & series link

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

Ok problems recording from bbc1 Scotland HD. The programme is recording both uk BBC 1 HD and the Scotland variant (my region is Scotland) have not set the series link from UK version and have factory reset and set up timers again.
    Now the programme has recorded but now says "file format not supported"
    Anyone know what is happening!

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 20:56:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In respect of your first problem, the double recordings, that would regularly happen to me in the past. It was due to BBC setting the same CRIDs (program identifier data) for both channels. Have not seen it for some time though. The second problem I've never encountered but have seen it posted here in the past.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 21:27:13 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    In respect of your first problem, the double recordings, that would regularly happen to me in the past. It was due to BBC setting the same CRIDs (program identifier data) for both channels. Have not seen it for some time though. The second problem I've never encountered but have seen it posted here in the past.

It's normally down to a different episode being aired in Scotland, same series crid wouldn't be an issue, Two different programme crids for the same series will result in both being scheduled (or generate a clash if there aren't enough tuners available).

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 23:44:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Yes you've got it right Graham. It hasn't happened for a while on the specific pgms that are scheduled so I forgot the exact detail.

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 9:24:11 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Yes you've got it right Graham. It hasn't happened for a while on the specific pgms that are scheduled so I forgot the exact detail.

Just checked my HDR1000S, the episode recorded OK so doesn't seem to be a crid issue.

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 10:22:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

Latest episode won't play too. Oh dear. Freesat on Twitter ignored. Humax don't get it:(

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 16:42:21 #6 |
  7. chrisund123

chrisund123

Can you pause live TV? Mine has just started giving the file format error, but I can't pause TV either. I'm suspecting its an extension of the HDD dropping out issues.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 23:01:44 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.