My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Digital Switchover and BBC channels.

(8 posts)
  1. RunningGirl

RunningGirl

Hello

Our area (Tyneside) underwent the first stage of the Digital Switchover on September 12th, and I've only just realised that now my Humax PVR 9300 doesn't seem to be able to record BBC 1 or BBC2. I've only just realised because the other night was the first time since switchover that I've needed to record one of these channels.

Admittedly, I have only carried out a retuning of my television (Panasonic Plasma with inbuilt HD Freeview) and didn't think I needed to retune the Humax as well as it seemed ok and was recording stuff from ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. Is this the case? Do I need to fully retune the Humax also or just concentrate on those 2 BBC channels? I've seen the instructions from Biggles(?) about manual retune - do I need to follow that?

If I do retune, will my backlog of as yet unwatched recordings be affected (ie will they disappear?)

Or should I just sit tight until the second stage of my area's switchover, which is due on 26th September?

Thank you in advance.

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 16:44:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Retuning won't affect your existing recordings in any way (only a disc format will do that), You will probably need to rebuild your recording list though. If a auto tune gives you channels in the 800's follow Biggles instructions. If not no need. Up to you if you want to wait till it's all over

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 16:50:01 #2 |
  3. RunningGirl

RunningGirl

Thank you, grahamlthompson.

When you say 'rebuild my recording list' do you mean re-set up recordings that I've scheduled to take place in the future? If so then that's moot, as I tend just to record things as and when.

I'll wait until the 26th September, I'm in no hurry. I doubt there'll be much on BBC between then and now I'll need to record desperately.

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 17:02:40 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RunningGirl - 3 minutes ago  » 
    When you say 'rebuild my recording list' do you mean re-set up recordings that I've scheduled to take place in the future? .

Yes, don't you ever use the series recording capability ?

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 17:07:03 #4 |
  5. RunningGirl

RunningGirl

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

RunningGirl - 3 minutes ago  » 
    When you say 'rebuild my recording list' do you mean re-set up recordings that I've scheduled to take place in the future? .

Yes, don't you ever use the series recording capability ?

Very rarely.

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 18:17:31 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

RunningGirl - 5 hours ago  » 
    I'll wait until the 26th September, I'm in no hurry. I doubt there'll be much on BBC between then and now I'll need to record desperately.

Do the retune now and get used to doing it, don't be afraid. It seems that regular retuning of Freeview boxes is something we're all going to have to get used to.

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 22:31:09 #6 |
  7. RunningGirl

RunningGirl

Biggles - 19 minutes ago  » 

RunningGirl - 5 hours ago  » 

Do the retune now and get used to doing it, don't be afraid. It seems that regular retuning of Freeview boxes is something we're all going to have to get used to.

Ok - I'll do it tomorrow when I've a bit more time ... though you're right, I am a bit anxious about it

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 22:52:26 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Do the Automatic Search and then check for channels in the 800 range of channel numbers. If you haven't got any then the Automatic Search has picked up signals from only one transmitter and the tuning is OK. If you have got channels in the 800 range it means the Automatic Search has picked up signals from more than one transmitter and you will have to do a Manual Search following my instructions. A manual Search done correctly will always produce correct tuning.

EDIT: As my technically challenged partner has just said over my shoulder "if I can do it anybody can".

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 23:02:20 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.