My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Disappointed so far

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

After getting more and more frustrated with my HDR 2000T, I decided to splash out on a new FVP-4000T.
    My experience so far has been more than a little disappointing.
    The first problem (despite specifically reading the instruction book instore) was to find that the unit does NOT support a 5-12v power feed to a masthead antenna, a little slip of paper in the box tells owners that this is not possible and an email from Humax confirms this. So, frustratingly, I have had to purchase an external power supply and go through the lengthy process of moving out my hifi cabinet and putting this in place, at least now I get all my channels.
    TV guide, wayyyyyy too big and frustrating to navigate. If the boxes have to be that big at least put the program info in there!
    Build quality just feels cheap.
    Wifi regularly drops out and I have to reinstall the password.
    Networking. Some aspects are fantastic, it recognises my Plex server and plays almost all the content even some of the streaming channels! But when trying to access the recordings on my HDR 2000T that I have now moved to my bedroom, it sees all the files and series folders but will not recognise/see anything inside the folders!
    Apps. What a load of tripe! Surely by now someone could have written a basic browser app?
    HD picture quality in general is ok but stutters occasionally but SD up-scaling is poor compared to my 2000T.

I have owned Humax since the days of the 9200T and as an installer for a major retail chain I have always recommended Humax products to any customers who have enquired but my current models are lacking. The 4000T has massive potential to be a great machine but I think it has been brought to market a little too soon.

However, now I am a member here I am confident that solutions will surface.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 14:15:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have the 2000T as well as the HDR1000s. Whilst the 2000T does do what it says on the tin, I have found this machine not to be as good as my 1000s. There's evidence of cost saving everywhere you look.

We also have a Panasonic HWT120 in another room. Our Panasonic TV in the lounge can play anything from the HWT120 but oh dear! even though the HWT120 acts as a server and client it can't open any files from the Humax 2000T.

I did manage to do this eventually by copying and converting to MP4. However, that really defeats what I was trying to achieve.

My own opinion for what it's worth is the 4000T is little better either build quality or feature wise than the 2000T.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 15:26:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenUK

Has anyone else experienced .ts files copied on to USB storage which can't be processed or played? I find some transfer fine, others look like they have but won't play in anything and report (eg in VideoReDo) "No PMT (Map Tables) found in this transport stream)".

There are an awful lot of bugs in this product, with things not quite doing what they're supposed to, and I share the opinion of SSThing that this may have been put on the market before it's ready.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 16:06:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

KenUK - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Has anyone else experienced .ts files copied on to USB storage which can't be processed or played?

It is expected behaviour that HD recordings will not play on anything other than the specific FVP-4000T they were recorded on.

Are these recordings that you mention HD or standard definition, or Audio only?

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 16:48:30 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

KenUK - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Has anyone else experienced .ts files copied on to USB storage which can't be processed or played? I find some transfer fine, others look like they have but won't play in anything and report (eg in VideoReDo) "No PMT (Map Tables) found in this transport stream)".
    There are an awful lot of bugs in this product, with things not quite doing what they're supposed to, and I share the opinion of SSThing that this may have been put on the market before it's ready.

The ones without map tables are encrypted (no doubt from HD recordings). Only SD is decrypted when copying to a PC using the Samba server.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 17:03:17 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

KenUK - 1 hour ago  » 
    There are an awful lot of bugs in this product.

Like what?

If you are going to make that sort of comment you need to elaborate....

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 17:28:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenUK

Unit freezing and ignoring remote control
    Snags galore trying to move SD files to USB/PC via click and drag
    Unit losing internet access
    Saying LAN connected and simultaneously reporting no internet connection when the only network is wireless

And having just lost Internet access - looks like for good, and patience, I've decided to give up and buy something else.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 18:20:10 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.