My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Disastrous bug - ITV1 HD not showing in search

(26 posts)
  1. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

It shouldn't be for me to have to report bugs to a supposedly premium set top box manufacturer. Why isn't a basic set of tests done on menu options prior to release?

Shoddy.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 13:16:14 #21 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Get a life.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 13:21:38 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I couldn't replicate the disastrous bug you found and I imagine most other people couldn't either.

I'm grateful to Luke, who explained the problem, as I couldn't see one, and Luke also advised a work around. The system can hold 400 films/titles and places SD films first, clearing out some of the crappy channels (my words) you're tuned into will fix the problem you're having, assuming you want it fixed, which I don't believe you do.

I'm glad I don't walk around in your shoes, life would be a nightmare for me and all those around me.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do a random act of kindness each day, do this every day for the next year and it may open your eyes to a better world.

Now, where's that aldaweb person to lock this thread. A very minor problem was raised and a solution found, thanks to Luke.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 14:03:53 #23 |
  4. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

damian - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I couldn't replicate the disastrous bug you found and I imagine most other people couldn't either.
    I'm grateful to Luke, who explained the problem, as I couldn't see one, and Luke also advised a work around. The system can hold 400 films/titles and places SD films first, clearing out some of the crappy channels (my words) you're tuned into will fix the problem you're having, assuming you want it fixed, which I don't believe you do.
    I'm glad I don't walk around in your shoes, life would be a nightmare for me and all those around me.
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do a random act of kindness each day, do this every day for the next year and it may open your eyes to a better world.
    Now, where's that aldaweb person to lock this thread. A very minor problem was raised and a solution found, thanks to Luke.

In the past, HD has been listed alongside SD. So there's a major design fault of not enough memory being allocated to storage of film details, is what you are saying. Something you'd expect from £50 Freeview boxes from Matelan. And why on earth prioritise SD films? Absolutely laughable design decision. And I don't expect to have to delete channels to make features work on a so-called high end STB.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 14:17:49 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 43 minutes ago  » 

damian - 9 minutes ago  » 

In the past, HD has been listed alongside SD. So there's a major design fault of not enough memory being allocated to storage of film details, is what you are saying. Something you'd expect from £50 Freeview boxes from Matelan. And why on earth prioritise SD films? Absolutely laughable design decision. And I don't expect to have to delete channels to make features work on a so-called high end STB.
    Yet more shoddy design exposed by these clowns.

How many entries do you think it would be sensible to list ?

2000 say. You might as well just look through the epg.

EDIT

Just checked my box and it returns 198 entries.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 15:07:49 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thread closed

Note I do not take kindly to the comments aimed at the engineering and testing team(s) especially as I know how hard these guys/gals work, and have therefore removed them. Criticise products by all means but not individuals or groups of same. If that is your want then this forum is not for you.

| Sat 28 Sep 2013 15:58:05 #26 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.