My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

DLNA Access to 4000T

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Advocas

Seniorbj

I wouldn't waste your time, I downgraded to 1.01.25 DLNA worked after the downgrade but that evening it was upgraded automatically again to 1.01.31 so I downgraded again but now DLNA doesn't work with either 1.01.25 or 1.01.31, I would like to try a Factory reset but I don't have time to re-schedule everything again.

For the firmware file see the 5th post on this topic posted by Barry and for the instructions see link

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 20:22:02 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorbj

Advocas -- Thanks for the info.

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 19:20:00 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cwmusson

I'm new to the fvp-4000t (but not Humax as I've had a hdr-fox-t2 for years) so the v31 firmware is my first experience of it.

I am seeing the issue where everything except the live channels disappears from the media server when the box goes in and out of standby.
    - Restarting the media server does not fix it.
    - Factory reset makes the missing directories reappear but also wipes the recording schedule.
    - Fortunately, for me at least, a complete power off (pull out the power cable) and back on again also restores the missing directories, without losing the recording schedule and other settings.

The other problem I've noticed so far is that the Humax Live TV App does not work. On the latest android nougat v7.0 it just crashes immediately on startup, and on android lollipop v5.0.2 it just says something like "No information" when trying to connect to the fvp-4000t. However, the live channels (and the recordings when you can see them) do work when using the Humax Media Player App on both androids when using VLC as the video streamer client.

I'm a bit disappointed that a box that has been released for some time has these problems.

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 16:11:54 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tavistockstar

Barry - 2 weeks ago  » 
    The Channel folder is live tv channels.
    You could try this if you are confident with software updating as it appears to have fixed a few DLNA issues for me.
    Downgrade software to version 1.01.25 via usb (obviously) Check that this has actually worked in system details, then upgrade again to 1.01.31 via IP (internet) download.

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 12:28:51 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tavistockstar

Just joined the Humax Forum, glad I did because I was having countless problems with my fvp-4000T following the August 2016 update and have been tearing my hair out trying without success to resolve them.
    Thank you Barry for offering the previous software update as a way of rolling back the system. This worked perfectly and resolved the loss of DNLA and also countless reboots which started to happen increasingly since the August update.
    My question now is how do I stop the system trying to update back to the August update. Short of blocking my Humax access to my router which would be ridiculous there does not seem to be a way of stopping the update, given my system is now fine on the old update and was a basket case on the new update I really want to stop these badly coded Humax updates ever downloading again.
    Thank you Humax forum, you have been a godsend.
    Simon

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 12:41:58 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Advocas

I asked Humax support how to disable automatic updates, I got the following answer so may be this will get fixed in October

Dear Simon

Thank you for contacting Humax.

Unfortunately at the moment apart from removing your internet connection from the box the only way is to keep downgrading the software. We understand that this is a nuisance but don't worry as we are releasing a software update next month to cure the DLNA issue.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support
    Click here to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey

| Wed 21 Sep 2016 20:58:22 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tavistockstar

Thanks for finding out about the update issue.
    I gave up on my box and complained to Humax who then sent me another box. You might think that this would put an end to the problems but sadly not. The replacement box was sent out with an old update on it and it worked perfectly until it updated back up to the August 2016 version whereupon DNLA failed and the mysterious reboots reappeared. I gave up on Humax at this point, the box was the second replacement I had had in a year, disgusted I complained and demanded a full refund which humax have agreed to. Its a shame its come to this, Humax have completely ruined a good piece of kit with its flawed updates and no doubt alienated large numbers of its customers. I shall now be looking for a non Humax replacement and hope that my other Humax box (T2) lasts longer.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 1:35:38 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Advocas

My box has upgraded to v1.01.34 but DLNA still doesn't work, the Recordings folder is missing. I presume I will need to do a factory reset, is there a way to backup and restore the schedule as I don't have time to do it manually?

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 9:29:44 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Unfortunately not. The quickest way is to take photographs of your schedule then re-enter it manually. It is a pain though.

| Sun 25 Sep 2016 10:40:55 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gaitor

I have just joined after coming across this forum while searching for a solution to my Humax 4000t issue.

My Humax is networked via WiFi with my Windows 10 PC, but on my PC I am no longer able to see the recordings I have on my Humax. I note my Humax software version was updated in September to 1.01.34.

In Windows Explorer, I click on “This PC\Network Locations (1)\ FVP-Media Server DMS” where I can see two folders: Channel and My Contents. The Channel folder lists all the TV and radio channels on the Humax, but the My Contents folder returns the message “The folder is empty”, rather than allowing me to see the Recordings folder.

If I type in the IP address of my Humax into my browser I get an error message.

My Humax network settings have both the Samba and FTP servers set to On.

I have been in contact with Humax Customer Support who, after going through some settings and tests, said they would replace my Humax box. I am reluctant to swap my box because I wonder if it is a Humax software problem that will just recur (and might get fixed with a future update), and in the meantime I would also need to spend days backing up all my recordings to USB.

Reluctantly I finally tried a Factory Reset and was then able to see my recordings in the Recordings folder on my PC, but this solution didn’t last more than an hour or two before the missing recordings issue returned. I have informed Customer Support who have said they will investigate and have referred my case on.

I guess I will have to wait, unless someone has any other solutions.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 13:44:43 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.