My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

DLNA Access to 4000T

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

royw - 1 hour ago  » ...because the Humax has no Host name (it's blank) and there is no option to set one.

I don't have a 4000 but in this thread...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transferring-files-to-pc-using-samba

...post #6, it mentions setting the server name on the 4000.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 14:39:47 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

royw

Pollensa1946 - thanks for your comment. Yes the 4000 has the same settings, but the one you mention is for the network server name, which is for accessing shared files and recordings etc. That isn't the same as a Host name name which the router uses in relation to devices connected via the DHCP.
    If you log into your router and look at what is connected to the DHCP, you will notice Host names against other connections listed. I'm not sure if your Humax will show with a Host name but with the 4000 it's blank.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 15:19:29 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I understand the distinction with regard to names, I wondered if one setting may have covered both. You have essentially the same problem as I described here...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-freesatfreetime-app-as-a-rc-only

Humax networking is at best rudimentary...

"relating to an immature, undeveloped, or basic form, primitive, crude, simple, unsophisticated, rough, rough and ready, makeshift"

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 18:28:32 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

royw

Pollensa1946 - I checked your link and understand what you're saying there.
    Fortunately when I change the name in the Network Server menu, the 4000T server name does change there and then shows that new name in the My Humax recording schedule in a browser or the Android TV Guide app.
    But it doesn't insert a network Host Name for the router DHCP table, that remains blank.
    Manual control of the Wi-Fi settings would be very useful, offering better stability.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 18:58:43 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

royw

Pollensa1946 - I agree it would confuse the issue when trying to use the remote control app though, because the server name isn't visible there either.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 19:02:16 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think there is a reason for that, the host name is important, and only one with the same name can exist on an network.
    Unless Humax program an option in to set it, (as the custom firmware for the Foxsat-Hdr does) only one such device could exist on a network.

Think that is the reason.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 20:05:35 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

royw

REPASSAC - precisely my point.
    Hence my complaint about the Humax having a blank Host name and not being able to set a Host name either, in my posting above.
    The Belkin N router (and some other routers) does (do) not like devices without a Host name. The Belkin N blocks access to those devices if more than one device without a Host name attempts to connect (even the original single device which it allowed originally, once a second attempts to connect).

Roy

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 20:26:42 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Advocas

Since the upgrade to 1.01.31 I have the same problem the "Recordings" folder no longer shows on Windows 10, I have downgraded to 1.01.25 and now I can see the recordings folder again. The way I use the 4000 I have had no major problems with 1.01.25, how can I disable updates and stay on 1.01.25, I would prefer not to be part of the Humax beta test team as I don't have time to fix it after every update.

| Sun 4 Sep 2016 11:34:37 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I did a factory reset today and that has cured my DLNA problem to see the recordings folder but other problems still exist e.g. can't run the new feature to access box when in standby, can't integrate box with Live TV app.

| Mon 5 Sep 2016 1:20:35 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

seniorbj

Advocas/giverny. Am not overly familiar with the workings of the 4000t, how do I downgrade the update to 1.01.25. There is a lot of to and froing re routers etc. but this does not answer the question raised by Advocas post, you should not have to have these problems if the software is properly tested.

| Tue 6 Sep 2016 19:57:50 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.