My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Using Freesat/Freetime App as a R/C Only.

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Since nobody has ever reported problems with their 1000/1100 series boxes when using the app as a R/C only (that is, not paired so no HDD boot-up), I decided to put it on my Android tablet. It works very well, looks attractive and I can browse the EPG without interrupting my wife's viewing when we are both watching the HDR, and use it as a R/C when watching the HB alone. All pluses, but one big negative. I have an HDR1000 and three HB1000s and when more than one box is active the scan shows those boxes but identified by some meaningless number which in no way identifies which box. When connected to a box, again there is no indication, HDR or HB, as to which box. So I think I'm R/C-ing the HB I'm watching and instead I've just interrupted the viewing on the HDR. Domestic crisis! There appears no way on the box settings that you can assign a network device name identifier which is broadcast on the network. I have much simpler and cheaper devices that include that.
    Am I missing something or is this really the best Humax/Freesat can offer?

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 11:32:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I emailed this query to... customerteam@freesat.co.uk

They replied... "I can confirm that the device id being displayed for each box in the app is reflective of the device id located in the system information page of the settings menu of each Freesat box, by noting down the device id of the box you want to control, you will be able to make sure you have the right device selected in the app."

In other words, write the Id on a bit of paper, or keep it on your device in a text file, for reference every time you use the app. Technology sure is moving forward at break-neck speed.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 9:13:19 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.