My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

DLNA cuts out while HDMI connected to TV

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

I am connected to Panasonic Viera TV and it has always worked and still does. However I have noticed that when streaming music (not Video or photo's) the connection times out after either 15 mins or 30 mins.

I eliminated everything on the network (not wireless) and the QNAP Nas that is streaming. Finally I unplugged the HDMI from the Humax to the TV and it plays all day. Plug back in and within 15 mins, cut out.

At the time the Humax is in standby but I have tried it on and this is where the 15 mins changes to 30 mins.
    No timers are set on either the TV or the Humax.

So now I have to unplug the HDMI and always forget to plug in.
    The biggest question is why music and not video, the smaller question is why at all.
    Any help please.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 8:42:54 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would try disabling Viera link on the TV.
    HDMI-CEC (or Viera link in Panasonic speak) does vary somewhat in different manufactures implementations.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 9:59:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Thank you for the suggestion, however it made no difference except that it took 10 mins to cut off.

[Edit] On the same network and connected to the HDMI inputs on the TV I have a Humax Foxsat, Panasonic Recorder. They are plugged in and have no effect.
    The Humax 1000s is plugged into HDMI-1 the control socket for Viera Link is socket 3. Unplugging that also makes no difference. There appears to be only one culprit, the 1000s

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 10:37:11 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have the app paired with the HDR-1000S?
    Where any scheduled recording dure to start or end within 15 minutes.

When I disabled HDMI-CEC on my Philips it needed a TV reboot and a HDR-1000S standby cycle to pick it up.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 11:25:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

For anyone with this problem...

Your (REPASSAC) suggestion caused me to look further at TV menus.
    Most of them show an explanation when selected but those under 'Network; Network Links;' do not, so I ignored them until now.
    There are a couple to do with dlna and they had no effect. However, the last one ( Network Remote Control) seems to have cured it by turning it off.
    I have no idea what remote control there is nor do I understand why music only.
    If anybody can throw further light on this so that I might understand, I would be very grateful.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 11:30:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

It seems I spoke too soon...
    I was fooled because the time to cut off was extended (sometimes).
    Sorry.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 12:16:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Do you have the app paired with the HDR-1000S?
    Where any scheduled recording dure to start or end within 15 minutes.

When I disabled HDMI-CEC on my Philips it needed a TV reboot and a HDR-1000S standby cycle to pick it up.

Thanks for coming back REPASSAC.
    I have the 1000s paired with a Android Tablet so that I can set recording remotely. The tablet is off and there are no pending reminders.
    Are you saying that this is what Network Remote Control is?
    It is off as is 'DLNA Remote Control' whatever that is.

The same fault is occurring with TV unplugged from mains and then powered up, which I assume reboots it??

I don't actually remember where pairing is specifically and I still do not understand why music only.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 12:42:49 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The app (when paired) will wake the Humax every 20 minutes.
    From other posts, it appears some TV's can detect this activity and switch source. Could this be what is happening?

The app can be used as a remote control (without complications) if unpaired.

Think that app pairing is in the menu in freesat ID.

No Idea re "Network Remote Control" think "DLNA Remote Control" must be control of DLNA server by the client (TV?).

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 12:59:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

The app (when paired) will wake the Humax every 20 minutes.
    From other posts, it appears some TV's can detect this activity and switch source. Could this be what is happening?

A good suggestion. I have now unpaired, but if 'off' I cannot see how it can wake the Humax, unless the Humax knowing it is paired initiates some action, rather than the app doing it.

When this problem occurs I agree that it appears to be the same as switching source (the word 'auto' comes up on the screen), but the 'snowy' screen (because no other source is on, does not give any clues.

The app can be used as a remote control (without complications) if unpaired.

I use the app only for setting recordings, it is quicker and easier than scrolling up/down/left/right in the program guide, so I believe pairing would be essential for that???
    To remote control the TV I use the actual Remote Control simply because I am not watching the TV from a place where I cannot see it, so for me the app as a program or box remote control has no use for me (unless I have missed something).

Just as an aside in case it is not clear, the streaming is from the QNAP on the network to the TV direct and not via the Humax (because it fails to recognise many formats). There are no other servers on line.

Having unpaired, I am typing away waiting for the event to occur but it seems OK. I still don't understand music only out of the choice presented by the TV of Music - Video - Photo.

It seems that you've hit the nail on the head and I guess that is why you are a Special Member
    I shall now individually turn back the settings I turned off except pairing (crossing fingers).

Thank you for your help and I hope someone knows why music only.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 14:25:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Well it worked fine as long as the pairing was not used.
    A little more work allowed me to pair again and it still works.
    The answer appears to be which HDMI socket is used.
    I have switched the Humax 1000s and the Foxsat and it works with the 1000s paired back with the Android.
    The problem seems to be using HDMI-1 which it seems is the one to use if you require 'Automatic Input Switching' (whatever that is).
    I now have the Foxsat on that one. The 1000s paired allows channel switching and setting recordings while on HDMI-3. HDMI-2 has to have the audio feed from the Home Cinema box (or use an optical cable).

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 16:49:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.