My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

DLNA cuts out while HDMI connected to TV

(18 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I should have mentioned that on un-pairing it is possible that one last sync will take place.

My only thought on why music only, is that it is it could be a side effect of the TV's signal detection. It sees activity on the HDMI, switches but can't display an image. Difficult to track down I think.

'Automatic Input Switching' is switching when there is a signal on the HDMI port.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 15:56:11 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Thank you REPASSAC for your insight.
    Everything appears OK now after many hours of use and I still have paired app.

In the final analysis it appears that the 1000s on HDMI-1 even though in Standby is not a good solution; the Foxsat on HDMI-1 and in Standby allows the system to work. Turn on the Foxsat and of course it takes over and shuts off the streaming to connect to the Foxsat, but that is the only occasion.

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 7:42:21 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

You could always try turning off the TV's auto active HDMI detection switching thing and the pairing for remote record may not be a good idea in the long run as it means the hard drive spins up every 20 minutes or so. If you're away from home and need remote record then yes pair it.

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 10:24:00 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Thank you reffub, I had not considered that the HDD powered up in that way and it is worth consideration.
    Not sure about the HDMI detection switching, not all the menu items have screen hints to explain which is which; I do not really need to detect a switch on and then selection of that device. The manual is not terribly clear (assuming one is already knowledgeable) and this is not my field of expertise.
    In case you have knowledge of my TV it is Panasonic TS-32 E5B LCD

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 12:02:59 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's common on Panasonic TV's for HDMI1 to auto select on port activity. This allows the TV to auto select when used with external kit that does not have CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). This is the same system as used with auto HDMI switches, they select the last powered input.

When your Humax box wakes up to make a recording or to check for remote schedule changes, it briefly turns on the HDMI output which causes your TV to auto select HDMI1 even though there is no video or audio.

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 12:15:08 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

donaldjamessimm

Thank you grahamlthompson, so the solution I have now set up is acceptable to avoid the original problem, yes/no?? i.e. having the Foxsat on HDMI-1 instead of the 1000s. The Foxsat is only a Rx and as long as it is in Standby, does nothing. Alternatively having nothing on HDMI-1 or as Reffub suggests, turn the HDMI-1 switching off, if I could find it.

As things are the original problem is gone and if I decide to remote schedule recording I can pair as desired to avoid the constant turn on of the disk (or accept it and leave it paired).

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 12:23:42 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

donaldjamessimm - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you grahamlthompson, so the solution I have now set up is acceptable to avoid the original problem, yes/no?? i.e. having the Foxsat on HDMI-1 instead of the 1000s. The Foxsat is only a Rx and as long as it is in Standby, does nothing. Alternatively having nothing on HDMI-1 or as Reffub suggests, turn the HDMI-1 switching off, if I could find it.
    As things are the original problem is gone and if I decide to remote schedule recording I can pair as desired to avoid the constant turn on of the disk (or accept it and leave it paired).

I presume it must a a Foxsat-HD. The only circumstances I can think of is if you set a watch reservation from the epg then when the box wakes up the TV will auto select HDMI1, which is likely to be what you want anyway.

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 13:13:40 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

On my Panasonic TV turning it off/on is......

Menu
    Set up
    Link settings
    HDMI content detection (under Viera link)

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 20:53:03 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.