My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

DLNA media client - anamorphic display

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyboy1121

Hi folks,

I've come across my first issue with the DLNA client on my Humax HDR 1000S. It seems that films produced with anamorphic display get rendered without the top / bottom bars on the Humax - instead it seems to stretch the film to make it full screen. *sad face*

It appears to be peculiar to the Humax and not other clients.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

| Sun 10 Aug 2014 9:16:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Yes mine did this as well, I think it depends on the format, some displayed properly some didn't.

| Mon 11 Aug 2014 14:43:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyboy1121

So to clarify my problem again - when I watch anamorphic film rips from my media player on the Humax, the Humax fails to honour the borders. Instead, it chooses to stretch the film to fit the TV.

The way I've managed to get round this is to disable cropping in my DVD ripping tool of choice 'Handbreak'.

PICTURE SETTINGS >> CROPPING >> CUSTOM >> ALL VALUES SET TO 0

I'm not saying that this isn't going to introduce additional issues, but at least when I watch a film now, it's displayed in the right format (and seems to display well on other players such as PS3).

For me, it's not a problem as I've only got a handful of films ripped so I can re rip them with little fuss. If you've got a big collection though, you're either going to be busy for the next few weeks or you're going to have to continue watching them on another system I guess.

| Sun 5 Oct 2014 15:57:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

dannyboy1121 - 1 week ago  » 
    .........or you're going to have to continue watching them on another system I guess.

That's what I do.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 23:12:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The media client is such a poor effort in every respect that I no longer use it at all. Any stand-alone media player from 70 Pounds up beats it hands down.

| Mon 13 Oct 2014 8:16:45 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.