My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

DLNA NAS Drive Problem

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

Hi all
    Just noticed a problem with my HDR-1100S that i don't remember having before.
    I have three NAS drives on my network, one for video, another for audio and one as a general dumping ground for everything else.
    They are all Buffalo jobs, had them for years and all work as expected.
    For some reason the HDR-1100s has an issue connecting to any of these NAS drives.
    Sometimes it see's the video directory and its contents, then other times it looses it completely or finds no contents. This seems to be a new thing, I'm wondering if a firmware update at some point has broken it.
    My Win10 PC has no problems at all accessing any of the NAS drives or files.
    Also I've tried my old HDR-2000T and that also finds all the videos on the NAS so really does like the HDR-1100 at fault.
    Anyone else got this problem?

| Fri 3 Apr 2020 22:18:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The media player built-in with the Humax/Freesat software on the 1000/1010/1100 series has always been complete rubbish. I gave up using it years ago. At one time I published a lengthy critique on the then official Freesat forum. They promptly banned me from the forum. There has been no recent firmware update that would have caused this.

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 11:36:31 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would suggest rebooting your router and when the reboot is complete put the 1100S into standby and after a minute remove the power for 5 mins and then restart it.

If that does not work try a reset to default.

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 12:00:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

Cheers guys.
    I thought it was working OK last time i used it. Looks like mine got updated in August 2019, its quite possible i haven't tried to stream from the NAS drive in that time. With all the staying at home business I'm looking at all the stuff I've never watched.....
    I also rebooted the router as i set all the I/P's to static
    Tried factory resetting it, same problem. Pulled the power, left it for an hour or so.
    I could try pulling the router just in case that's messing about. Its all stuff in a switch nearby.
    I just don't remember it being this crap. Would attempt to roll back the firmware if available somewhere? If that's actually possible?
    Cheers

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 19:54:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzini

Tried a number of things, nothings really worked reliably. I have to assume its just crap firmware.
    Shame, I'll just have to use the HDR-2000T if i want to access the NAS i guess.

| Tue 7 Apr 2020 0:23:16 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.