My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

DNLA fast forward and rewind

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mitreddep62

Hello,

I've just got a Humax Aura, one of the main things I wanted to be able to do with it was to be able to watch stuff from it on a TV in another room. I enabled the DNLA on it and now when I go to the other TV (Panasonic TX-50CX700B) I am able to see the Aura Media Server on my network and can browse my recordings.

If I choose a recording that was done from a Standard Definition channel I can watch it fine and can pause, fast forward and rewind through the program but if I choose a recording from an HD channel I can play it but have no option to fast forward or rewind. I've also tried via a number of apps such as VLC but still no luck.

Does anyone know why this doesn't work, are there any settings I can change to get this to work or any apps I can install?

Thanks

| Sun 9 May 2021 10:23:19 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

It is because HD recordings are transcoded whereas SD recordings are not transcoded by default.

| Sun 9 May 2021 13:27:02 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mitreddep62 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hello,
    I've just got a Humax Aura, one of the main things I wanted to be able to do with it was to be able to watch stuff from it on a TV in another room. I enabled the DNLA on it and now when I go to the other TV (Panasonic TX-50CX700B) I am able to see the Aura Media Server on my network and can browse my recordings.
    If I choose a recording that was done from a Standard Definition channel I can watch it fine and can pause, fast forward and rewind through the program but if I choose a recording from an HD channel I can play it but have no option to fast forward or rewind. I've also tried via a number of apps such as VLC but still no luck.
    Does anyone know why this doesn't work, are there any settings I can change to get this to work or any apps I can install?
    Thanks

If you use the web interface to transcode HD to 960 x 540 file to a PC you can use the time bar on VLC on a PC to skip to any point.

Alternative is play the content using VLC on a PC and record it as the HD recording plays back.

If you drag the file to a Chrome tab you should be able to cast to the Aura`s chromecast.

| Sun 9 May 2021 14:27:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mitreddep62

Thanks for the answers, I was hoping I could just record something in HD and then choose whether I watched it on the TV that was directly connected to the Aura or on a TV in the other room, but it seems like there is no way that is going to work without involving a PC, which I don't want to do. It's a shame because my Panasonic DMR-HWT250 did that quite well.

Just out of interest what is the web interface you mentioned, does the Aura have a web interface?

Thanks

| Sun 9 May 2021 16:18:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mitreddep62 - 24 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the answers, I was hoping I could just record something in HD and then choose whether I watched it on the TV that was directly connected to the Aura or on a TV in the other room, but it seems like there is no way that is going to work without involving a PC, which I don't want to do. It's a shame because my Panasonic DMR-HWT250 did that quite well.
    Just out of interest what is the web interface you mentioned, does the Aura have a web interface?
    Thanks

You can watch on another in another room TV subject to the following

Can you run a flat cat 7 cable from the aura location to the other TV ?

I do this with full-HD kitchen TV and a 4K oled in the lounge. TV upscales Full-HD to 2160p.

You need a pair of baluns. The one in the lounge needs HDMI loop through to connect the local TV. The remote TV connects to the balun receiver using a hdmi cable.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-Neoteck-Repeater-Splitter-Satellite-Black/dp/B071S7VQWX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&tag=blusas008-21&keywords=hd+balun+with+ir+return+and+hdmi+loop+through&qid=1620576281&sr=8-1

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-BUSOHE-Gigabit-Network-Internet-White/dp/B07QV7S2HT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=M0DYHGC0QO5L&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=flat+cat+7+ethernet+cable+20m&qid=1620576400&sprefix=flat+cat+7+%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRkdJQzZLM0ZUSDJIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDM4NzUzMjkwMVJQSjVTTEdVSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjEzMDgyMzNXNU5FWDNOOU1LUCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

| Sun 9 May 2021 17:05:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mitreddep62

Cabling the two would be very difficult and with all the extras it could be the almost same cost as buying another Aura. I'm just experimenting with other apps, Kodi seems to be able to play the HD recordings from the Aura and you can pause, you can also fast forward but when I stop the fast forward it goes back to the beginning. It's annoyingly close to working as I want it.

| Mon 10 May 2021 14:40:41 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.