My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Do HD recordings have more skip problems than SD?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I have a feeling that HD recordings are much more likely to experience problems when using the skip forward and skip backward buttons than SD recordings (on the Aura). Does anyone else who experiences skip problems and records both in HD and SD have the same experience?

| Tue 8 Aug 2023 17:20:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

About the same

| Tue 8 Aug 2023 18:58:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I only record HD generally, but I have not experienced any skip problems. I have it set for 2 minutes forward and 30 seconds backwards.

| Wed 9 Aug 2023 13:11:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 
    I only record HD generally, but I have not experienced any skip problems. I have it set for 2 minutes forward and 30 seconds backwards.

I use 1 minute forward and 15 seconds back. I had awful problems with an HD recording of Football League highlights from ITV1 HD. Generally speaking I don't see many skip problems with SD recordings.

| Wed 9 Aug 2023 14:49:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 

I use 1 minute forward and 15 seconds back. I had awful problems with an HD recording of Football League highlights from ITV1 HD. Generally speaking I don't see many skip problems with SD recordings.

Not sure if you press the play button first to bring up the timeline before skipping, but I prefer to press the right arrow to bring up the timeline first, then press it twice more to skip the generally standard 4 minute break.

I don’t know if the two methods would be any better than the other, but maybe try both ways, unless you have already of course.

| Wed 9 Aug 2023 16:49:31 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.