My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Do I have to leave it on permanently to record?

(12 posts)
  1. Grinny

Grinny

Hi.
    Complete newbie here. (We haven't even had a TV for at least 8 years)
    We set up the box (HDR-1100S) yesterday and set it to record two programmes late last night.
    Then I switched it to standby, assuming that it would switch itself on to make the recordings, on the basis that all the VCRs I ever had used to do that.
    It didn't record anything.
    Do I have to leave it on all the time in order for it to record?

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 16:11:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No it should wake up from Sby to make scheduled recordings.

First Home - Settings - OK General Settings Check Start and End Padding time is set to auto

Simple test locate a programme in the guide at lead 30 mins away. Press OK follow the prompt Re Series or just the one programme etc.

Put the box in sby. Wait till the recording should have started started and wake up the box.

Press recordings Most recent. Your ongoing recording should be top of the list. You can play it back from the beginning as it records. If it's ITV and you get to the ads. Press the forward skip button under the Text button twice (Skips forward 4 minutes unless you have changed the settings. Overshoot go back by using the reverse skip (under the recordings button).

Welcome to our Forum

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 17:45:20 #2 |
  3. Grinny

Grinny

Thanks Graham. I'll try that.

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 18:30:09 #3 |
  4. Grinny

Grinny

It appears to have worked.
    The two programmes that didn't record last night were both on at the same time, so maybe that's the issue, since it wasn't standby that was causing it.

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 19:20:09 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Grinny - 1 hour ago  » 
    It appears to have worked.
    The two programmes that didn't record last night were both on at the same time, so maybe that's the issue, since it wasn't standby that was causing it.

The box can record two programmes at the same time provided you have two coax cables connected. If only 1 there are some restrictions.

Have a look round the back.

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 20:59:03 #5 |
  6. Grinny

Grinny

Yup, we have two cables connected, and it tells me they both have a full signal.
    No idea what it was playing at!
    Do these things have teething troubles?
    Or do they object to cold rooms?

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 22:44:09 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Grinny - 22 seconds ago  » 
    Yup, we have two cables connected, and it tells me they both have a full signal.
    No idea what it was playing at!
    Do these things have teething troubles?
    Or do they object to cold rooms?

Interested you should say that. There are reports of Humax boxes failing to boot at temperatures outside the specified operating range of temperatures. I wouldn't have thought that current conditions get cold enough to be outside the parameters. Where is the box located ?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1411159/humax-foxsat-pvr-very-slow-boot

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 22:50:06 #7 |
  8. Grinny

Grinny

It's in our main room. We didn't light the stove in there yesterday so it was probably down to about 10C by 11pm, when it was supposed to record.

It was about 2 degrees outside when it was delivered at around midday on Wednesday, so we unwrapped it and left it standing in the room for over 24 hours before connecting it. Maybe it still hadn't warmed up sufficiently.

I think I'll go out there and tell it to record the 3am Doctor Who tonight, just to see whether that works.

| Sat 1 Dec 2018 0:04:10 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Before you leave it in standby check that the recording is registered in the recording schedule.

It's a good idea to mention the channel when mentioning missed recordings. Broadcasters do occasionally mess up the two codes which identify a programme and series. The major broadcasters rarely mess up but it has happened.

Very rarely a programme is not recorded because it was not actually broadcast.

| Sat 1 Dec 2018 11:41:19 #9 |
  10. Grinny

Grinny

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 
    Before you leave it in standby check that the recording is registered in the recording schedule.

So you think it might have been an ID 10 T operator error?

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 
    It's a good idea to mention the channel when mentioning missed recordings. Broadcasters do occasionally mess up the two codes which identify a programme and series. The major broadcasters rarely mess up but it has happened.
    Very rarely a programme is not recorded because it was not actually broadcast.

You expected me to remember something I had set up 48 hours earlier?

I think one of them was "Vikings" on BBC4 HD, and I have absolutely no idea what t'other was.

| Sat 1 Dec 2018 14:55:40 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.