My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Do I stand any chance of retrieving recordings?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bekibutton

Hi all,
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times (and indeed I feel like I have read a million forum posts on the subject) but... how likely it is that I will be able to retrieve some HD (I think) recordings from our soon-to-be-sold 5000T?
    It's a couple of programmes that my parents were on and I'm trying to keep some kind of version just for sentimental reasons! I'd even be happy if I could stream to my laptop and screen record from there.
    I've been trying to get this to work for a while and I've tried various different things, I honestly can't remember what BUT I know I did something with DNLA? and changed some settings on the Humax so I could see it on my computer.
    The closest I've got is being able to see preview images on the Humax 'server' in Windows Media Player but it won't play them. I've installed some codec things but still no luck.
    I even tried to find out how to mirror from the TV to my laptop but of course all the google search results are about mirroring a laptop to the TV and not vice versa.
    Does anyone have any suggestions please? Or do I just give up?
    Thanks!
    Becki

| Wed 10 Jan 2024 14:37:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Why are you selling it, it's worth next to nothing.

Can you connect your computer to the 5000T using an ethernet cable.
    Remember to switch off WiFi on the 5000T to get the ethernet connection working.
    On the computer connect to the 5000T once connected you should be able to see a folder called
    Recordings on the 5000T you can drag these recordings over to the computer.
    Install VLC on the computer its free, this should be able to play the recordings.
    Please note if these recording are HD recordings then they are encrypted and VLC will not be able to play them.

I would just keep the box.

| Wed 10 Jan 2024 15:26:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bekibutton - 4 hours ago  » 
    I've been trying to get this to work for a while and I've tried various different things, I honestly can't remember what BUT I know I did something with DNLA? and changed some settings on the Humax so I could see it on my computer.
    The closest I've got is being able to see preview images on the Humax 'server' in Windows Media Player but it won't play them. I've installed some codec things but still no luck.

The problem you have is that HD recordings require the client to support the the DTCP-IP protocol which a PC does not. Some people have reported that an Amazon Firestick (not sure if it is true of all models) supports DTCP-IP. The VLC player has an option to record a stream but I don't know if it is feasible to extract the recorded stream from the Firestick. Maybe find a place where Firestick experts hang out. Please let us know if you manage to make progress on this.

| Wed 10 Jan 2024 19:37:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.