My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Do they or don't they?

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Chat Transcript with Chris
    Chat started on 16 Jan 2020, 03:45 PM (GMT+0)
    (03:45:23) *** Chris joined the chat ***
    (03:45:23) Chris: Hello
    (03:45:25) *** Humax UK - Robert joined the chat ***
    (03:45:48) Humax UK - Robert: Hi Chris, How can I help you today?
    (03:47:26) Chris: I contacted you a few months ago regarding the iPlayer on my 4000t not operating as it should, specifically the live restart has not worked for over 6 months now. Can you please tell what you are doing to remedy this?
    (03:50:41) Humax UK - Robert: The BBC has removed this feature and we are waiting on it being restored if at all
    (03:50:58) Chris: Why has it been removed?
    (03:52:08) Chris: It works perfectly well on my years old HDR-2000t, so why not on the 4000t and 5000t?
    (03:54:17) Humax UK - Robert: It belongs to teh BBC and we have not been given any indication as to why this has happened sadly
    (03:55:00) Chris: So are you doing anything to sort it out?
    (03:56:47) Humax UK - Robert: It belongs to the BBC so once they sort it out it should work after this
    (03:57:06) Chris: That's a no then?
    (04:02:20) Chris: ?
    (04:03:03) Humax UK - Robert: I have tried to answer the question. I did not realise you had a different question sorry
    (04:03:45) Chris: It's the same question. What are you doing to remedy this?
    (04:04:09) Humax UK - Robert: Waiting on BBC resolving it just
    (04:04:54) Chris: It just?
    (04:05:44) Humax UK - Robert: We have no control over the BBC's app so we can not do anything until they do
    (04:07:32) Chris: So why were you promising people over the last few days (who couldn't get onto the iPlayer) that you were working with the BBC to rectify the problem. Why work with them on that but not this?
    (04:08:12) Humax UK - Robert: The BBC Iplayer was not working as of the weekend so that is what you are referring to and that problem is now resolved sorry
    (04:09:03) Chris: It was only not working for some people. The live restart doesn't work for anybody.
    (04:10:02) Humax UK - Robert: That is not correct a lot of people were affected from the weekend when the BBC Iplayer was not working which is now resolved.
    (04:11:35) Chris: So why will you work with the BBC to resolve that issue but just shrug your shoulders and say it's the BBC app we can't do anything about, for this?
    (04:13:05) Humax UK - Robert: I do not work for the BBC so I can not confirm why this particular issue has not been resolved. I really do appreciate that this is very frustrating for you but we Humax have no control over the BBC at all.
    (04:14:09) Chris: I don't expect you to have any control over the BBC, but you were working with them to resolve the other issues, why not this one?
    (04:15:32) Humax UK - Robert: This is a question for the BBC I believe
    (04:16:01) Chris: I have asked them, many times, and all they say is that they are working on it.
    (04:16:39) Humax UK - Robert: Then hopefully they get it resolved soon
    (04:16:51) Chris: It's been 7 months!
    (04:17:19) Chris: Why does no-one there even know what is causing the problem?
    (04:18:08) Humax UK - Robert: I did not realise it was that long. The app does not belong to Humax, we have no input at all over any of the apps
    (04:18:58) Chris: You are contradicting yourself now, because you were working with them to resolve the issue earlier this week.
    (04:19:22) Humax UK - Robert: You are confusing two different issue sorry
    (04:20:14) Chris: It really shouldn't matter what the specific issues is. Either you work with them or you don't, which is it?
    (04:24:18) Humax UK - Robert: I really believe you are not understanding the entire situation or maybe I am not explaining myself correctly. The app this week would not load at all and that is one problem. The problem you keep referring to about play from start is something the BBC are dealing with, we do not need to work them on as they are doing this. These are two separate issues.
    (04:25:59) Chris: I know they are two separate issues but the failure of live restart affects 100% of the owners of 4000t and 5000t boxes. Why aren't you working with the BBC on this issue as well?
    (04:26:36) Humax UK - Robert: They are doing the work not us and I can not eb anymore clear about this
    (04:28:32) Chris: But you aren't answering the question. Why do you work with them on an issue that affected some people but not on an issue that affects 100% of the owners of your two flagship devices?
    (04:29:43) Humax UK - Robert: We am going round in circles now and I can explain any further sorry
    (04:30:03) Chris: OK Robert, thanks for your time.
    (04:30:14) Humax UK - Robert: Take acre and good luck
    (04:30:17) Humax UK - Robert: care sorrry
    (04:31:11) *** Humax UK - Robert left the chat ***
    (04:33:04) *** Chris left the chat ***

This suggests to me that Humax (or a company on their behalf) host servers via which we access the various on demand services. I may just be slow on the ball in realising this?
    I just find it frustrating that they can work with the BBC when a few people report that iPlayer is not loading correctly but then tell me that they have absolutely no input of any kind towards finding a solution to the ongoing niggles in iPlayer.

| Mon 20 Jan 2020 8:30:16 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.