My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Do you leave your HDR 1100S on constantly?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobHancock

Hi,

Just bought a HDR 1100S to replace the old Sky HD+ box and this forum has been a huge help! One thing I can't find out is does leaving the box on constantly cause any major issues (I've switched off the auto standby)? With the Sky box we left it on 24/7 for pretty much 8 years and its still functioning fine.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for such a newbee question!

Bob

| Fri 29 Jun 2018 12:48:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's a big difference between a Sky box and a modern design like your HDR-1100s. A Sky box is virtually fully on 24/7, when in sby it still uses nearly as much power as when your using it. In those 8 years it's will have cost up to about £240.00 in additional electricity charges. That's why Sky-boxes boot virtually instantly.

Your 1100-S uses less than 0.5W in low power sby, and it's designed to be put in sby overnight. Some of the Humax boxes like the Foxsat-HDR will not update the channel line up if not put in sby overnight. That should save around £25:00 every year

So you should push the sby button when you go to bed. If the extended boot time (less than a minute) from low power sby bothers you, then simply set a daily power on timer before you normally use the box.

Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 29 Jun 2018 13:04:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobHancock

Hi Graham, many thanks for the info and advice. To be honest the boot time doesn't bother me at all, just need to get the wife accustom to it!

Also, thanks for letting me know about the power on timer, I'll have a go with this over the weekend.

The main reason for leaving Sky was the escalating cost so knowing about the addition save is a bonus.

Bob

| Fri 29 Jun 2018 14:13:08 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.