My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Do you suppose humax might figure out how to get t

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissssss

Had my Auro for about 10 days and majority of the time I start it up it starts to no signal??
    I get it to start using totally random methods from pressing live TV button to a total unplug. My old 5000 used to take 20 minutes to start up and there was no way to tell whether it actually would.

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 18:29:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Chrissssss - 37 mins ago  » 
    Had my Auro for about 10 days and majority of the time I start it up it starts to no signal??

Are you putting the box in deep standby or normal standby? My experience is that normal standby usually starts up fine at the expense of a little more power usage.

My old 5000 used to take 20 minutes to start up and there was no way to tell whether it actually would.

If the aerial is connected direct to the TV does the picture come on immediately?

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 19:10:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissssss

For anyone with same issues. I decided to send the box back. The TV video just won't start without pulling the plug every time. I tried every single seeing, 3 different Hdmi sockets, hdmi switching, picture definition. The menus work, even channel preview windows work, yesterday I even watched you tube videos for an hour after starting up but switched to live TV and still no live TV video until I unplugged the box. It even records but just won't display TV video.

| Sun 16 Apr 2023 13:36:18 #3 |
  4. Fixdit

Fixdit

Another thing to check is that the HDMI cable is at least type 1.4 or preferbly 2.0.
    Especially if you are using the 3840 x 2160 output of the aura.

| Sun 16 Apr 2023 14:36:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissssss

The HDMI lead came with it, and it works fine, the whole video works, apps, catch up, 4 k streaming, just no live TV video unless I totally unplug it. Was hoping to find a setting somewhere but it just doesn't work.

| Sun 16 Apr 2023 14:53:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrissssss

Quick update for anyone with the same issue. I wrote to Humax who said it was an aerial problem which it simply isn't. A few more experiments turns out to be an HDMI handshake problem which I've heard of before on this box. No amount of source switching will restore the picture but if I unplug the HDMI lead completely and plug it back in it restores the picture. If I don't output in 4K (switch video to h/Def) it works fine. I have now plugged in to hdmi 4 socket which seems to be the first socket my TV looks at before all my other devices, and the picture starts normally most times, and on the occasions the picture won't start I switch the box off and on with the remote seems to restore it. Hoping that future updates might address this hdmi handshaking in 4k

| Sun 23 Apr 2023 10:32:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Chrissssss - 5 mins ago  » 
    Quick update for anyone with the same issue. I wrote to Humax who said it was an aerial problem which it simply isn't. A few more experiments turns out to be an HDMI handshake problem which I've heard of before on this box. No amount of source switching will restore the picture but if I unplug the HDMI lead completely and plug it back in it restores the picture. If I don't output in 4K (switch video to h/Def) it works fine. I have now plugged in to hdmi 4 socket which seems to be the first socket my TV looks at before all my other devices, and the picture starts normally most times, and on the occasions the picture won't start I switch the box off and on with the remote seems to restore it. Hoping that future updates might address this hdmi handshaking in 4k

“Future updates”?

| Sun 23 Apr 2023 10:38:34 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Future updates

| Sun 23 Apr 2023 13:13:09 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.