My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Does Not Record a Programme

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJP

Hi

Bought this about 3 weeks ago. Works well except the following

This does seem very strange. If using the Guide I record Eggheads BBC2 1800 hrs, this most of the time does NOT record. No prob with any other programme or time.
    Howerver good technology is today I am sure it cannot tell not to record eggheads.
    Dont make sence.
    Any suggestions welcome
    BJP

| Tue 22 Jan 2013 10:18:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Is Eggheads the first recording you have set after an overnight shutdown ?

Welcome to the forum.

| Tue 22 Jan 2013 10:29:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

vrfc2

Hi

I have same problem but with various programmes. First week of Borgen on BBC HD set series record, no problem, second week it only recorded the second episode of two and the same with this weeks. (They show two episodes a week consecutively).

World Without End on Channel 4 has failed completely to record both weeks.

These are just two examples, there have been many more!

I have had my box since October.

Please help.

| Tue 22 Jan 2013 17:42:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Onanov

I am having a similar problem in that it is failing to record some programmes. The two I have noticed so far are

Pointless - bbc Sd - Maybe it just doesn't like quiz shows
    Blandings -bbc hd

Both are set up as series record. All other recordings seem to work fine, but these two programmes simply refuse to record.

The next episode appears in the planned recording list, but the actual recording is nowhere to be seen

In answer to the overnight shutdown, yes they are probably the first recordings of the day, but the box will have been on before the scheduled recordings, but no recordings.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 0:38:25 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum, can't speak for Blandings but I do record Pointless every day from BBC1 HD. My box has a power on timer set for 11:45 since then no recording failures unless I set a reservation for Breakfast which always fails (hence the first recording of the day). Can you try this pending a fix or use the alternative to set some auto padding which also seems to avoid these failures.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 10:45:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJP

I got in touch with Riches Sounds Customer Sevices, and he suggested a factory reset. which I did, and it recorded Eggheads last night.
    I await to see if it does tonight.
    If this did not work he said take it back to local store and get a replacement.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 11:15:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rssmith1

Hi

I bought the 1000s Freetime box a fortnight ago and am very disappointed with the unreliability of the thing to record. In my experience so far, the box is simply unable to record any programme, on any channel if the box is in standby (i.e. left unattended for anything more than 2 hours prior to the transmission). I am clearly not the only person experiencing recording issues with this system which, considering the high profile advertising and the money it cost, is frustrating to say the least. Can anybody shed any light on what Humax are doing about this?

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 11:29:46 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Can anybody shed any light on what Humax are doing about this?

Restricted in what can be released at this time, suffice to say Humax are on the case, more news when permitted.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 11:44:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rssmith1

Hmmm....so to confirm, this box currently requires programing to be powered up constantly in order to succesfully carry out any pre-set recordings?

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 11:58:41 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rssmith1 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hmmm....so to confirm, this box currently requires programing to be powered up constantly in order to succesfully carry out any pre-set recordings?

You can either set the box to wake up every day say 30 minutes before your earliest recording is due to start or alternatively change the start and end recording times from auto to apply pre and post padding times.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 12:09:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.