My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Does Not Record a Programme

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rssmith1

Thanks Graham. I prefer the idea of the padding as I don't particularly want to have the box powered up for long periods (depending on when the earliest recording is). How long should I apply to the start and end of each recording? Will this work even if the box is in standby?

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 12:18:11 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rssmith1 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I prefer the idea of the padding as I don't particularly want to have the box powered up for long periods (depending on when the earliest recording is). How long should I apply to the start and end of each recording? Will this work even if the box is in standby?

Yes padding seems to work from sby OK. Up to you what settings you want, try 2 minutes either end.

The problem with autopad is if the programme overuns by more than the padding you will lose the end unless the follow on recording is from the same channel, in this case the end will be on the beginning of the next. It effectively removes the broadcasters capability to extend recording using the accurate recording capability, but retains the series recording capability.

Hopefully it won't be long before a proper fix is released.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 12:25:01 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rssmith1

Thanks again Graham, very helpful. I will give it a go and hope this solves the problem until the fix is released.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 12:46:58 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

vrfc2

The padding doesn't work on my box, spasmodic recording with same results.

Will try the auto power up before first record or simply just turn box on for a known problematic programme.

For a piece of kit thats not far off £300 you expect it to do exactly as it says on the proverbial tin!

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 15:22:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rssmith1

Oh dear! I have to say disappointed and mis-sold are not the words to describe how I feel aboout this box. How can a product be marketed when it clearly doesn't do what it's designed for??

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 15:33:40 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

vrfc2 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The padding doesn't work on my box, spasmodic recording with same results.
    Will try the auto power up before first record or simply just turn box on for a known problematic programme.
    For a piece of kit thats not far off £300 you expect it to do exactly as it says on the proverbial tin!

Padding 2 mins at both ends is rock solid for me.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 16:59:53 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rssmith1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Oh dear! I have to say disappointed and mis-sold are not the words to describe how I feel aboout this box. How can a product be marketed when it clearly doesn't do what it's designed for??

Most of the recording problems appear to have appeared after update 1.00.16.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 17:00:48 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Onanov

It would seem that my issues is with the first recording of the day. Today I set it to record bbc local news at lunchtime. This didn't record, but pointless did ( and I'm glad, as someone actually won the £20k jackpot. But I think I need to get out more!! :oops:)

It would seem that it simply ingnores the first scheduled recording of the day/after a period of shut down.

Hopefully a fix is not far off!!

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 23:13:19 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

I have tried all the suggestions gratefully received from Graham and Barry, but now got to the state that it will only record when I press the record button.

Have sent an email to richersounds and copy to humax customer services asking for a full refund. The unit is clearly NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. I have spent 3 months buggering about trying to get it to work properly......very very disappointed.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 23:42:13 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 10 hours ago  » 
    I have tried all the suggestions gratefully received from Graham and Barry, but now got to the state that it will only record when I press the record button.
    Have sent an email to richersounds and copy to humax customer services asking for a full refund. The unit is clearly NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. I have spent 3 months buggering about trying to get it to work properly......very very disappointed.

Have you tried a factory reset ?

| Thu 24 Jan 2013 10:27:25 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.