My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Doesn't look like there is going to be any updates

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I contacted Humax again recently, just asking out of interest where do things stand in terms of an update for any known issues, i got the following reply:

Dear James,

Currently, we don't have any immediate plans to upgrade the Android operating system to a newer version. However, if you experience any problems with the current version, we'll work closely with Google to resolve them as quickly as possible. Rest assured, your device will still receive necessary updates to fix any issues with the operating system.

Best Regards,

Edonis
    Humax Customer Support

I replied stating i it wasn't so much the updating of the android version i was worried about, just fixing bugs etc.. And they replied today with:

Hi James,

Thank you for your further email.

Regarding your questions, no. What I have said is "Currently, we don't have any immediate plans to upgrade the Android operating system to a newer version."

There are many people on the Internet and many different issues/solutions provided for these matters. Some would work, some wouldn't, but we will try and troubleshoot any issues first.

Best Regards,

Edonis
    Humax Customer Support

Well, I initially was asking them also about the timeshift issue, which many people have had for a very long time. It looks to me that this and other issues some have had must not be so wide spread that they feel they need to roll an update out. maybe a lot of the issues mentioned on here are limited or hardware related, I dunno?
    But it certainly doesn't look like there's any plans to do any more updates any time soon.

James

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 22:51:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

They just no longer care about customers.

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 8:27:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

phlppip - 6 hours ago  » 
    They just no longer care about customers.

Humax don't have customers. Sadly customer service is gradually getting non existent these days. John L

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 14:41:09 #3 |
  4. Manclad

Manclad

james_uk - 21 hours ago  » 
    .........Regarding your questions, no. What I have said is "Currently, we don't have any immediate plans to upgrade the Android operating system to a newer version."
    There are many people on the Internet and many different issues/solutions provided for these matters. Some would work, some wouldn't, but we will try and troubleshoot any issues first......
    James

What arrogance in that reply. If there were solutions to the issues, we wouldn't be trying to get blood out of a stone with Humax !

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 20:31:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

For what it's worth, even Google still use Android 9 in their own ChromeOS platform.

| Thu 4 May 2023 5:34:21 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.