My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Double recording on BBC

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anglesey

This problem seemed to have been posted previously but couldn't find a resolution. Sometimes when setting up a recording schedule for a BBC channel, say BBC1 (101) it duplicates the recording on BBC1 (976). This counts as two recordings thus blocking a further recording for that time. The Freesat helpline explained it was because the BBC was giving the same ID to different broadcasting areas?? It is probably obvious to most people but I finally discovered a way to solve the problem...well for me anyway .... so far! First note on which channel the duplicate recording happens using the TV/GUIDE button on the remote control, (maybe cancel any recording settings on that channel). Then select HOME, then select SETTINGS on left, then select MORE on extreme right (text going vertically), then select FREESAT, then EDITABLE CHANNELS, then select NEXT, then select the secondary channel where the duplicate recording occurs and then select DELETE. When you do a general up date for your channel settings you'll need to re-delete the duplicating channel again. Another Freesat technician suggested my solution wouldn't work..... but so far it has? Best of luck.

| Thu 14 Mar 2019 12:01:13 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Anglesey - 1 minute ago  » 
    This problem seemed to have been posted previously but couldn't find a resolution. Sometimes when setting up a recording schedule for a BBC channel, say BBC1 (101) it duplicates the recording on BBC1 (976). This counts as two recordings thus blocking a further recording for that time. The Freesat helpline explained it was because the BBC was giving the same ID to different broadcasting areas?? It is probably obvious to most people but I finally discovered a way to solve the problem...well for me anyway .... so far! First note on which channel the duplicate recording happens using the TV/GUIDE button on the remote control, (maybe cancel any recording settings on that channel). Then select HOME, then select SETTINGS on left, then select MORE on extreme right (text going vertically), then select FREESAT, then EDITABLE CHANNELS, then select NEXT, then select the secondary channel where the duplicate recording occurs and then select DELETE. When you do a general up date for your channel settings you'll need to re-delete the duplicating channel again. Another Freesat technician suggested my solution wouldn't work..... but so far it has? Best of luck.

If you record from BBC1-HD England you need to Delete BBC1-HD Scotland and BBC1-HD Wales to avoid up to 3 attempted recordings of the same content.

The BBC need to set up different series CRIDs for all other SD regions in your epg plus the BBC- 1 HD Scotland and Wales Channels.

The solution is simple, getting the BBC to understand this is proving difficult.

They have done it this way for years until the recent fiasco.

| Thu 14 Mar 2019 12:04:02 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.