My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Download file size

(8 posts)
  1. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Here's a strange thing. I have my Aura set to the highest quality of conversion for download. Today I converted "Gordon Ramsay's Bank Balance using the Aura App then downloaded it using the App and the file size is 404MB.

I then deleted the download from the converted file from the Aura and then converted the same file with WebControlIF and downloaded this with WebcontrolIF. I hen uploaded both files to Windows and looked at their properties.

Aura download comes in at 404MB
    WebControlIF comes in at 2.24GB

both files are playable on any of my devices so ow com one can be so much larger than the other.

Properties of both files:-

Attachments

1. Screenshot_(11).png (459.6 KB, 10 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Screenshot_(10).png (570 KB, 8 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 25 Feb 2021 14:24:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 5 mins ago  » 
    Here's a strange thing. I have my Aura set to the highest quality of conversion for download. Today I converted "Gordon Ramsay's Bank Balance using the Aura App then downloaded it using the App and the file size is 404MB.
    I then deleted the download from the converted file from the Aura and then converted the same file with WebControlIF and downloaded this with WebcontrolIF. I hen uploaded both files to Windows and looked at their properties.
    Aura download comes in at 404MB
    WebControlIF comes in at 2.24GB
    both files are playable on any of my devices so ow com one can be so much larger than the other.
    Properties of both files:-

What's the frame rate of the two versions ?

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 14:29:40 #2 |
  3. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Frame rate on both is 50.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 16:45:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 37 mins ago  » 
    Frame rate on both is 50.

Yet the source is 25 fps. Must be frame doubling. What's the bitrate shown in MediaInfo View-Tree ?

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 17:25:01 #4 |
  5. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Bit rate on both is 130kps although the smaller file properties right in the screenshot below is mis-reporting the file length at 10mins when the file is 59 minutes when played. The smaller file is not very good quality video but watchable.

This is the screenshot I meant to upload yesterday.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_(12).png (637.2 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 26 Feb 2021 9:29:43 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you post the MediaInfo tree view text. You can export from View - Tree to a .txt file.

It has a lot more info.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:21:03 #6 |
  7. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Can't complete this I'm afraid as I never kept the files and the Aura App hasn't worked for me since the Aura STB update. The app is only downloading logos then tells me the download has failed. I reinstalled it but to no avail - I prefer WebControlIF anyway.

| Mon 1 Mar 2021 23:30:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Given the corruption of the reported file length etc in that one recording, it looks to me to be more of a one off glitch than a fundamental problem. Broadly, for the same compression / codec, frame rate, frame size, bit rate files of similar lengths with have similar file sizes.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 8:07:25 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.