My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Downloading files from a Humax Aura 2TB

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

16brar - 10 hours ago  » 
    I have done as you said, but am still getting an error message.

The IP address should be in the Host field and "Aura" should be in the user field.

| Fri 29 Dec 2023 14:12:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Just use VLC player on PC - scroll down to UPNP then click aura to see files -play the file you want
    Click on tools then media info then copy file location
    Then paste in your browser and it will download it
    ( of course convert files first on aura)

| Fri 29 Dec 2023 18:29:50 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

kr002 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just use VLC player on PC - scroll down to UPNP then click aura to see files -play the file you want

What the OP said he wanted to do was "I want to then play the files back on my PC with the files from the USB stick." which your DLNA solution won't do.

| Fri 29 Dec 2023 19:51:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

16brar

Thank you for your advice. It does work and I can connect my PC to the Humax recorder remotely and convert and watch the content via the VLC media player. I had a Bush Freeview Recorder B1TBHDPVR which broke. I managed to transfer the content from the Bush disc drive to my internal drive on my PC. The only problem is I cannot view these files on my PC. I have included two screenshots of what I am seeing. I no longer have the recorder or the recorder hard drive. Any ideas how I can access and view these files? Thank you.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_(12).png (194.6 KB, 4 downloads) 4 mnths old
    2. Screenshot_(13).png (132.1 KB, 7 downloads) 4 mnths old
    | Sat 30 Dec 2023 16:09:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Those "chunk" files maybe similar to those on a Humax. If so my post on another forum https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-2000t-copy-recordings-to-usb-drive.5702/#post-74572 may be helpful.
    In brief, you need to open a command window on your pc (or whatever the equivalent is on modern Windows) and
    copy/b chunk.1+chunk.2+chunk.3 xxx.ts
    That is for as many chunks as there are!

Try just a couple of chunks and see if the resulting file plays before going any further.

| Sat 30 Dec 2023 17:13:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

kr002 - 1 hour ago  » 

What the OP said he wanted to do was "I want to then play the files back on my PC with the files from the USB stick." which your DLNA solution won't do.

yes then transfer onto the usb

| Sat 30 Dec 2023 20:16:16 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

16brar

Hello,
    I have included a screenshot of my command box in windows. I dragged a copy of one of the chunk files into the box. Can you tell me what I need to type in to try and get access to this chunk file? Thank you.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_(16).png (197.4 KB, 5 downloads) 4 mnths old
    | Mon 1 Jan 2024 4:09:02 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

You cannot use drag and drop for this purpose. This could get confusing. I'll use open window to mean the window you dragged FROM and command window for the one you dragged TO.

Looking at your screen grab, I'd say you need to type in the command window

cd "G:\free view chunk files\"
    cd {the numbered folder matching your open window}

(Alternatively,you may be able to edit the dropped line in the command window. Delete chunk.1 and insert cd (space) at the beginning of the line. ). Hopefully the prompt C:\user\james will be replaced by the folder name.

Then type, in the command window, the copy/b command as indicated in the previous post. The resulting new file will also show in the open window. In the open window try to play it in the normal way.

| Mon 1 Jan 2024 8:02:33 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

After a bit of investigating you can - open a command window and in it type
    cd and a space. Then drag the folder name of interest (I'm using your example) from the "free view chunk files" folder. That should give you

cd "G:\free view chunk files\2013022917400101"

highlight the command window and press [return] (or [enter]). You should end up with the prompt

G:\free view chunk files\2013022917400101>

in the command window. Now type copy/b chunk.1+chunk.2 xxx.ts [return] in the command window. If it works, goto the 2013022917400101 folder in your explorer window and try to play xxx.ts in VLC or some other video player. It may not work. I'm saying these chunk files look like Humax ones. For your old recorder they might not be the same. Also, I've assumed the files are stored as .ts - they may not be. They will only play if the original recorder didn't encrypt the recordings as the Humaxes do. If the recordings are encrypted you are probably going to have to search elsewhere for "Bush Freeview Recorder B1TBHDPVR" information. Discussing cracking encrypted recordings is not allowed on this forum.

If the test works, repeat for the whole list. In this case type:
    copy/b chunk.1+chunk.2+chunk.3+chunk.4+chunk.5+chunk.6+chunk.7 video.ts [return]
    in the command window. View the video.ts file as before. If that works, repeat for all folders you want to try to play, remembering you need to add all the chunks - which is incredibly tedious!

| Mon 1 Jan 2024 10:49:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

16brar - 1 day ago  »  I had a Bush Freeview Recorder B1TBHDPVR which broke. I managed to transfer the content from the Bush disc drive to my internal drive on my PC. The only problem is I cannot view these files on my PC.

Unlike some of the older Vestel manufactured Bush recorders, the B1TBHDPVR encrypts all recordings. It is not possible to play them unless you crack the encryption key which our B1TBHDPVR was using.

| Mon 1 Jan 2024 12:32:46 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.