My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Dropouts on BBC Radio

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

For the last few days, I have been getting periods of dropouts on BBC Radio on my Humax HDR1000S. It sounds like digital interference (gulping noises) and occasionally the sound will go off totally. This seems to last about 5 to 10 minutes then it recovers. It happens once or twice a day. My signal strength is around 85% with quality at 75 to 80%. I am in the south of France and using a Gilbertini 150cm dish with Acarro 2dB dual LNB and 11 mm low loss cables to the house. I am not getting the problem on TV channels. I am outputting the audio via a Toslink optical cable to a fairly new Benchmark Media DAC-3L. This has self test circuitry which is not showing any issues. The weather is good with no big thunderclouds around to get between me and Astra 2E. I am wondering if this is Freesat or the Beeb not me. Anyone else getting this problem. Mainly on Radio 3.

| Tue 10 Oct 2017 9:52:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Do you get any issues with BBC 1 West Midlands TV ? It's on the same transponder as the BBC Radio stations.

| Tue 10 Oct 2017 10:57:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

Thanks Graham. I will check this evening. Of course since it is only intermittent, happening with a few hours between episodes of problems, I would need to watch for some time before I would be likely to get a drop-out, if it is the transponder on the satellite.

Wilson

| Tue 10 Oct 2017 11:57:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.