My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 No HD channels

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wilko55

Hi, I have bought this 2nd hand recorder that functions fine in every respect except I cannot tune in any free-to-air HD channels like BBC1 HD, Channel 4 HD etc. There's nothing from 100 to 201!
    Have done a factory reset, re-tune etc. Signal quality on BBC1 is 100& though strength is only 60-70%. Have tried a booster out of our caravan and I can get over 80% strength but still I can't tune any HD.
    We have two other TV's in the house that get these channels no problem!
    Humax support can't suggest anything other than signal strength or a faulty unit.
    Any ideas please?

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 10:31:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am not familiar with this box, but do you maybe have to make a selection of "DVB-T2" somewhere in the menus when tuning the HD channels?

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 14:22:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I am not familiar with this box, but do you maybe have to make a selection of "DVB-T2" somewhere in the menus when tuning the HD channels?

I have never owned a Humax Youview box but I have a recollection that you can't manually tune, so it either works or doesn't. My advice to the OP would be look carefully at the aerial lead all the way from the splitter or amplifier to the Humax. A kink in the cable or a poorly made joint can create a notch filter that removes a single channel. Also make sure the HDMI cable is well separated from the aerial cable.

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 17:57:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wilko55

Thanks guys, Maybe I'll try moving the unit to one of the other aerial connections that currently run HD channels OK on other TV's.

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 18:43:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wilko55

Hi, UPDATE.... I've gone and bought yet another DTR-T1000 (a bid I had earlier put on ebay I didn't think I'd win).

Anyway this one has the Humax badge, the one I can't get HD on is BT. I plugged it all in and it went through all it's initializations but it had different graphics to my BT one showing channel search then loading new software again, my BT one didn't do thus. It also gave other setup options.

It found over 160 channels unlike only about 140 with the BT one.
    Hey presto we have HD... BBC, ITV, Ch4 etc!

This proves my aerial is OK so I think there must be either something wrong with my BT DTR-T1000 or BT has restricted its HD channels. Has anybody heard of this?

Steve

| Sun 8 Aug 2021 15:48:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Wilko55,

I use several Youview boxes (also a trialist for Youview) I'm on the Youview forum https://community.youview.com/youview/ quite a lot (User JOHN L) & know that the 1000 model (now very old) is no longer supported with software updates, so if it does play up again, I would suggest purchasing the newer models like the BT2100 or 4000 (4K) models. You will find them for around the same price 2nd hand (CEX do some online inc 2 year warranty) , more reliable & faster! Hence why you are finding the screen graphics different. Have you tried doing a maintenance reset as per:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Option 2 1st, if this doesn't work, try option 1. Both modes will keep your recordings. Your box might still be stuck on an old software update that needs resetting. The only problem is the age of your box/wear & it might jam completely if capacitors are worn. Hope I might have given you some good advice. Please let forum know how you get on. If you need more help, visit the Youview forum. John L

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 19:20:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wilko55

Thanks JDL, Learnt my lesson well, tha last of my DTR-T1000's I bought that worked perfectly yesterday failed to light up this morning, Yes I think I need a newer model.
    ....Anybody want some DTR-T1000 spare parts? May be able to sell one or two of the remotes.
    Cheers, thanks for your help

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 23:13:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wilko55

Thanks JDL, Learnt my lesson well, tha last of my DTR-T1000's I bought that worked perfectly yesterday failed to light up this morning, Yes I think I need a newer model.
    ....Anybody want some DTR-T1000 spare parts? May be able to sell one or two of the remotes.
    Cheers, thanks for your help

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 23:15:11 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.